BuddyDev

Search

Upgrading From Community Builder Free to Community Builder Pro with child theme

• Participant
    Nancy on #34501

Downloaded Free version and activated it with your child theme.
    Purchased the Pro version. Downloaded, installed, not activated. Adjusted child styles.css as directed.
    Message comes back from WP “The parent theme is missing. Please install the “community-builder-pro” parent theme.”
    Checked the versions. Free version 2.1.0. Pro version that I paid $99 for is 2.1.0.
    This is not what your web site says but what your files are telling me.
    How do I get the Pro version file? Please don’t tell me from my account – that is where I just downloaded from.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34509

Hi Nancy,
    Thank you for purchasing form us.

I am sorry for the issue.

From the issue, It seems you have added the community-builder-pro-child theme but the community-builder-pro is missing.

There are 2 possible reasons:-

1. When you uploaded community builder pro, it somehow got renamed. Please check if a folder with name ‘community-builder-pro’ is present in your wp-content/themes directory.
    If not, please re download community-builder-pro-2.1.0.zip(Yes, it has same version as the free but the name is different) and upload.
    That will take care of it.

2. It seems the version of Free and pro might have caused confusion and you have the Free version installed and not the pro. These two have same version but slightly different folder name. Please check.

Please let me know if you are able to get it working or not?

PS:- If you need to migrate from free version to Pro and keep the settings, Please let me know. I will link to the tutorial.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved