BuddyDev

Search

Upload cannot see images set for moderation

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Greg Johncock on #30251

Hi,

We are using the Moderator plugin with MediaPress v1.5.0 and BuddyBoss v1.3.5 (Theme v1.4.6).

In the docs for the Moderator plugin it says “The super admin and the uploader of the media will be able to see it but all other members won’t see the media” which is exactly what we were looking for.

In Admin, we set “Add media to moderation queue on upload?” to Yes.

On testing the plugin the uploader does not see the images they have uploaded. We have an existing library for photos (logged in users only access) that contained 2 images.

We uploaded 2 new images which appear in the Moderate page under Admin, as we expected.

We were expecting the images to appear in the uploaders gallery with the other images but they do not appear.

In the Moderate page, if I select an image and “Restore”, only then does it become visible to the uploader.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Greg J

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #30252

Hello Greg,

Sorry for the inconvenience. It is by default functionality of the plugin. Only uploader and admin can see the media which is in the moderation queue. I have tested on my local and it’s working fine for me. Please try to debug by deactivating all other plugins except BuddyPress, MediaPress and Media Moderator plugin and switching back to default WordPress theme and check whether the issue still persists or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Greg Johncock on #30253

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the prompt response. I will investigate further and get back to you.

Cheers

Greg J

• Participant
    Greg Johncock on #30271

Hi Ravi,

With the setup on our site, users are assigned 2 galleries when they register. 1 gallery that can be seen by logged in users and 1 gallery that can be seen by friends only. We do not allow them to edit or delete the galleries. To enable this functionality we had to customise the permissions file.

So the issue for us is that the code in the “exclude hidden” function requires that a user has permission to delete a gallery as a condition to be able to see the hidden images…

Line 79: class-mpp-moderator-hooks.php
    if ( mpp_user_can_delete_gallery( $gallery->id, get_current_user_id() ) ) {

Im wondering if this condition should be “mpp_user_can_delete_media”? I dont know how having permission to delete a gallery relates to moderation of images. Having permission to delete an image as the condition would be more relatable.

Anyways, for our purposes we have commented out this “if” condition and now have the functionality we require.

On another note. We had to make several edits on the permissions file to achieve the level of control we need over the editing/deleting galleries and images. I was surprised that these permissions are hard coded rather than being able to configure them in the plugin settings.

Cheers

Greg J

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30289

Hi Greg,
    Thank you for using the moderator. I have tested the plugin(1.0.8) today and I will start from the very first question you posted earlier.

1. The plugin does not list moderated media to uploader:- I am sorry but the plugin does. If it is not doing so, try disabling custom code or other plugins which might filter our posts.

Please see the screenshots
    https://i.imgur.com/7mIDVWB.png
    https://i.imgur.com/vlUxDxS.png

I tried activity upload as well as normal gallery upload and both worked for a “Subscriber” user.

Can you please download a fresh copy and recheck.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved