Camera club members can upload images to a Sitewide “competition” gallery. Is there a way to do the following:
1. Limit how many images they may upload to a gallery (Max of 3). I’d like to be able to set this via shortcode per gallery and not globally.
2. Remove the ability to VIEW images by other members on the Upload screen. So they can upload 3 images and view them, but can’t view any other images on the View tab of the Upload screen.
Welcome to BuddyDev.
Thank you for using MediaPress.
I am assuming you are using our shared gallery/global gallery addon to allow everyone to contribute to a gallery.
1. I am sorry, Currently, there is no such shortcode. It is still doable with a few lines of code.
Please let me know if you are using global gallery addon and I will be able to assist with some code.
2. I haven’t tried it but setting a gallery private should take care of it. Private gallery uploads inherits the status by default. until made public explicitly, the private media is only visible to the uploader.
Yes, I’m using Global Uploader. 🙂 Uploading works great, we just don’t want members to be able to see other entries until the entry period ends and the images go “live.” Make sense?
We don’t currently allow members to have Private galleries, so that’s why I haven’t set a Sitewide gallery to Private. I’d love it if I could set those permissions separately (Sitewide/Groups/Members) so I could allow admins to create the Sitewide Competition gallery and set it to Private until all entries have been received. But still be able to disable Private as an option for members’ own galleries. Is that possible?
In addition, I found these two other related items. I can start a new thread if necessary:
I have the show_author parameter set and the link edited to go to their profile when clicked. This works great for our galleries for members. However, on any public galleries, can I disable this link? Non-members should just have the text and not a link.
Are there additional parameters I can include in addition to “show_author”? I’d like to be able to hide/show things like gallery titles and descriptions in the shortcode.
LOVE the flexibility of your code. I’m running into little things that I’m trying to figure out, but overall it’s a very nice platform. 🙂 I appreciate the quick response. Thank you for your help!
A better solution will be to use MediaPress moderation plugin. Reason:- It can hold an image in moderation which is only visible to uploader/site admin and not others.
1. Yes, its is possible to set different privacies for grousp/members/sitewide. i am not sure if we offer an UI for this but it is feasible with a little bit of code.
2. Are you using shortcode for listing the gallery/media? For more control, You can override mediapress templates in your child theme. I can help point to the correct files.
Moderation sounds like the best option. If this is a free plugin, I’ll give it a try today. If not, is there a way to request a trial so I can demo it for the site owner?
Yes, I’m using shortcode for listing. I do have some basic knowledge about overriding templates, html and css but not a lot of knowledge of php. 🙂 I’d appreciate any help you could offer!
I had a look at Media Moderation and have questions… Is it possible to enable/disable moderation for specific gallery types only? We definitely don’t want to have to moderate every image.
In my specific case, we only need to moderate our global sitewide galleries. I didn’t see that in the settings screenshots.
Also, can you bulk moderate? By this I mean, will the moderation queue show you the gallery that the image was uploaded to? And then checkboxes to bulk select all images for that gallery and then Accept/Publish?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.