BuddyDev

Search

Upload Shortcode > Auto Create Gallery

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Minoo on #2957

Hello !

Before everything, thank you for this awesome plugin 🙂 it is really great !

Please forgive me also for my bad english,

I would like to know if it will be very complicated to support Auto Gallery Creation on the Upload Shortcode. With having on the Upload Shortcode the params required to create the new gallery.

It will add lof of nice possibility for the plugin.

For example if a user is on a custom type post, he could upload some media from this page and have on his profil a new gallery dedicated to all the content he sent from this custom type post.

Thank you for your answer !

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2962

Hi Minoo,
    Thank you for the post.
    Can you please explain me your last use case. Will not that allow too many galleries?

• Participant
    Minoo on #2963

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for your anwser !

For my case I have a social website with recipe, and users can share their recipes.

On each recipe published i would like to let the user upload one or more photos.
    1 recipe = 1 gallery for this recipe displayed on the user profil only if he have uploaded 1 or more photos on this particular recipe.

The shorcode will be something like : [mpp-uploader action=”create” type=”photo” status=”public” title=”Apple Pie” description=””]

If, on this example people, are uploading only one photo on each recipe, it’s surely not necessary to have 1 gallery for each recipe, but one gallery “Recipe” for all the photos uploaded, but even in this case the shortcode will be useful to create dynamically the gallery “Recipe” if the user upload at least one photo in eat.

I guess it can be useful for lot of other things.
    Imagine a Roadtrip Website, this site can let user create gallery by country visited, or cities visited.
    The possibilities are endless, it can be useful for video games (1 gallery per video game, or machine), photography site (kind of photos (portrait, macro ..))… it will keep the media oragnised and classified.

In the meantine Brajesh do you have a snippet to create programmatically a gallery ?

Thank you very much 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2964

Hi Minoo,
    Thank you.

I will certainly look into it a more.

Please see the example here on how to create gallery/galleries programatically.
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/mediapress-predefined-user-galleries/page/2/#post-2474

Hope that helps.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Minoo on #2965

Thank you Brajesh 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved