BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Uploaded Documents Not Displaying (no preview available)

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Ali on #12502

Hi I have been using Mediapress for a couple of years, after a recent update to Mediapress 1.3.0 and wordpress 4.9.1 the documents that have been uploaded as part of posts in my buddypress groups have stopped displaying and now it just says no preview available, photos still display correctly.

Any help to resolve would be great

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12518

Hi Ali,
    Thank you for using MediaPress.

I too have noted issue with zip files. It seems the google doc viewer is not supporting the zip file from external source in their public viewer(I was supported earlier).

For now, I plan to list the zip files as simple attachment and let other file types work as expected.

I will be pushing a release nby this Sunday or early Monday with the fix.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ali on #12531

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you very much for getting back to me, sorry if I am not understanding something but I am not trying to upload any zip files, the files are just normal, .docx or .pdf and they upload fine but they just wont display.

Thanks

Ali

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12568

Hi Ali,
    I will test and post. the pdf did work for me. I am trying to find oout more details and checking if we can use some other viewer.

I will be reporting back today.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ken Frame on #12933

Im having the same problem when uploading files that are just normal, .docx or .pdf and they upload fine but they just wont display, I just get No Preview Available, is there a fix for this?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12934

Hi Ken,
    We are using google doc viewer for it.

If the update is not showing the preview, I will suggest disabling the doc viewer and making the doc files just attachment.

You can do that by following this
    https://buddydev.com/mediapress/tips/how-disable-google-doc-viewer-mediapress/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16288

Marking as resolved due to lack of reply.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Uploaded Documents Not Displaying (no preview available)’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved