BuddyDev

Search

Uploading Pic on Activity not working anymore

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Daniel on #25287

Hi guys,

I have currently a problem with Buddypress when I am on users activity page, and the user wants to upload a picture, then it says HTTP Error and it does not upload the picture. Only I can write text in the field but it does not accept anymore to attach any kind of pictures.

Would it be possible for you to help me to find the source of this error because I am seeking since a few days 😛

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Regards,
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25290

Hi Daniel,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you please link me to the site with a guest account to check the upload?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #25294
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25301

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you for the patience. I had a look today.

You are not using MediaPress. It is some other plugin(buddy kit?). Please contact the relevant author.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #25371

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your time anyways, I have contacted the author in the meantime but I am thinking now to use MediaPress on the long run.

I have activated MediaPress to upload pictures now. What I have realized, when a user uploads a pic on activity via Mobile, then the pic is showing in activity feed. But when the user uploads a pic on Desktop, then it only shows a card saying ” user has uploaded a new pic ” but the pic des not show.

Might you have a clue how to make it work on Desktop as well?

Thank you for your advice 🙂

Regards
    Daniel

PS: Oh I’m sorry I’ve forgot, I would like to change the Icon colors for uploading but I cannot find the selector in order to function. I have used this selector: .mpp-upload-buttons Thank you.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Daniel.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25399

Hi Daniel,
    I am sorry but I don’t understand the issue on desktop. Will test and get back to you by tomorrow.

For icon, you can use the following tutorial to override them.
    https://buddydev.com/mediapress/mediapress-basics/overriding-mediapress-activity-upload-icons/
    Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #25432

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you that’s great.

I also wanted to ask you the following. The activity feed of my site is 10cm wide. In buddykit, when somebody uploads only one pic, then it renders the pic automatically to the width of the activity which is 10cm, this makes the pic look good in activity (same like in Twitter). But with Medipress the pic does not render automatically to the with of the activity feed. Is there a possibility to render the pic with the witdh of the activity as well same as with buddykit plugin?

Thank you for your assistance and have a great start in the week.

Regards,
    Daniel

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved