BuddyDev

Search

User Approval

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #22711

The owner of the site I’m working on wants to be able to approve new members before giving them access to Buddypress features (and certain other pages) and I think/hope I can make the Buddypress Registration Options work for me in that respect however… implementing this does not prevent the new user from being sent an activation link by separate email and this is proving confusing to users who are effectively receiving TWO emails ie. one telling them that their membership is pending approval and the other telling them to activate their account.

I understand that the activation link is a useful check to stop random users/bots from signing up to site itself, whereas Buddypress Registration Options only handles whether or not they have access to Buddypress features so I’m reluctant to completely disable either option but thinking there must surely be a better way.

I guess I can at least make the activation email a little more informative (ie. please click this link but you’ll still have to wait for your account to be approved by admin) but is there a better way (settings/plug-in/code?) of handling things which I may not have considered?

With many thanks in advance for any thoughts.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22713

Hi Nikki,
    There is a simple way to disable the emails if you need them to.

But I will go with 2nd approach and reword the email as a way to verify email(not activate account) and tell them that their email is verified but account awaiting approval.

That makes sense.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #22717

Hi Brajesh

Many thanks for getting back to me so promptly and if, as it seems, there is no other obvious/easy way of handling things, I think I’m inclined to agree with your suggestion.

That said, I guess there would be no harm in disabling the initial email that gets set out from the Buddypress Registration Options plug-in (whilst keeping the activation email). I can probably work that out for myself although if you happen to know of an easy way… 😉

Warm regards
    Nikki

The topic ‘User Approval’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved