BuddyDev

Search

User Info Widget – no widget in appearance -> widgets [ subdomain subblog MS

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6967

Hi djSteven,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

Is BuddyOress network activated on your install? This plugin depends on BuddyPress, so if BuddyPress is not network activated, It won’t be visible on the sub sites.

Please let me know if BuddyPress is network active?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    djSteve on #6974

Ah!It is NOT network activated.. instead of being under network admin dashboard.. I hover on top right and flyout menu over adults only space, then dashboard, plugins, and activated there – which I guess means it’s just activated via the main site admin panel and not network.

this is so confusing, I guess I can un-activate bp in the one plugins page then go to the network plugins page and network activate it. I wonder if this will cause anything else to change.. I had not thought it would make any difference.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6976

Hi,
    Please wait before you do that. Here are a few things you should know.

1. There is a chance that you will loose the default BuddyPress Configuration settings(since earlier BuddyPress settings was attached to the main site). You may need to create component associations.

Except that everything should be normal(including user etc)

2. Please do know that any plugin that depends on BuddyPress(like user info widget) will only be available when the find BuddyPress code. By network activating, you allow these plugins to access the data on any of the sub sites.

Hope that clarifies.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved