Tagged: Buddyboss 2.0+, Configuration, Custom Parameters
- April Priester on May 30, 2022 at 1:52 am #45121
Is there a parameter to use the displayed first name?
I need the url to look like:
https://realwealthinvestors.com/members/%5Bdisplayed first_name]-[displayed username]
***Yes I am clear the that the Buddyboss/Buddypress URL is now formatted as https://realwealthinvestors.com/members/displayed username. The url above is intentionally going to a custom post type that displays our public profiles.
When I add a custom tab for content how do I add the icons? https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/workspace/invite/7358fb6f63623e2c248985c7af34eee7
- Brajesh Singh on May 30, 2022 at 11:52 am #45132
1. Sorry, that is beyond the scope of profile tabs creator pro. It can not help you with your profile url. That is provided by BuddyPress/BuddyBoss. It can help you with the component url(e.g friends/activity/messages etc). The url format http://example.com/members-directory-page-slug/user-nicename/user_login is managed by the BuddyPress/BuddyBoss core.
I will suggest contacting BuddyBoss developers if you need to change that.
2. Does BuddyBoss offer you to choose icons for tab? If yes, Please let me know and we can add the same. Otherwise, the solution is to add icon via css. Please let me know the icon code and I will supply the css.
- April Priester on May 30, 2022 at 2:12 pm #45136
Thanks for the quick response. I understand that the profile url to access the profile is controlled by BB/BP BUT I’m also using cminds directory plugins which also creates an “expert” profile for each user. This then allows me to create a custom layout for each user type; in our case that’s borrower vs lenders vs user vs vendors, as each has a different layout. Notice that in the settings for CMINDS I can change the “members’ to anything I want. It started out as experts I changed to members and now I changed to expert-members so that you can see the difference. That being said, if I can set the url in the tab using a dynamic first name that would make this all work. I thought the shortcodes used to set the url were created by the plugin.
The reason for using cminds is that by using their expert page it also connects products and businesses to the individual user which is important to our network. If it’s not a shortcode is there another way to set a dynamic url that would populate the first name as part of the url?
(I emailed direct too so I could attach pics).
- Brajesh Singh on May 30, 2022 at 7:58 pm #45140
Thank you for the details.
I do not understand your point but I do understand that you want the link to be /members/xyz/first-name for xyz user.
At the moment, the plugin does not have this ability. We can add it in next 2-3 days via hook. We will not add this to plugin core as it does not represent our intended use case and will be more trouble for most of the members who do not understand how BuddyPress/BuddyBoss works(You seem to know, so that does not apply to you).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.