BuddyDev

Search

User Profile Tabs Creator Pro – Profile Field Sets

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #36959

Hi there

Just wondering if User Profile Tabs Creator Pro would allow me to create sub-tabs for the individual profile field sets eg. I have field sets for “Personal Details”, “Workout Details” etc. and would like to show these on separate tabs when viewing the profile, rather than as a list.

Also if the above is possible, is it also possible to control who can view which of the sub tabs?

With many thanks in advance.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36960

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the question.

The Profile Tabs pro does not know anything about the profile or any tab. You can still achieve your result by using shortcodes.

1. You can install this plugin
    https://github.com/buddydev/bp-shortcodes

2. You can add the sub tabs using the profile tabs pro and use the following shortcode in the sub tab content

[bp-shortcodes-profile group_id=1]

here group_id is the field group id. Please change it with appropriate value for each tab.

and it will show the fields from that group. You can setup the visibility for the tab based on role(which is normal for the profile tabs pro).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #36969

Hi Brajesh

Thank you and that definitely sounds like an interesting option.

I’ve just installed the plugin and pasted that shortcode into a page to test but it doesn’t seem to be working. Any suggestions as to whether that’s likely to be because a) it needs to be on a profile page b) I need to install Profile Tabs Creator Pro first or c) I’m currently using Buddyboss? 😉

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #36977

Hello NikB,

If you are trying to show profile fields on the user profile page. Try using the following shortcode:

[bp-shortcodes-profile group_id=1 context=display]

It will show group 1 field information for the displaying user under the tab.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    NikB on #36987

Many thanks Ravi. I can see that is producing results although the formatting needs some work, that’s obviously something I can address myself.

Is there any documentation available for the shortcodes plugin at all?

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #36988

Hello NikB,

Thank you for the acknowledgment. This is an unofficial plugin and we do not have any documentation for it.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    NikB on #37018

Hi again

I’ve now purchased User Profile Tabs Creator Pro and I can already see it’s going to save me a lot of time in future but I’m still struggling to achieve what I want in this particular scenario which (as mentioned above) is as follows –

On the Profile tab, I want to separate the individual profile field sets (eg. Personal Details, Workout Details, Professional Info etc) into separate subnav tabs.

What I have done so far –

Created a Profile tab with the slug as “profile” and given it a new label (“All Profile Info”)
    Are we modifying a tab added by BuddyPress or some other plugin – is checked
    Added 2 subnavs

Result so far –

Profile tab is successfully renamed “All Profile Info” but it’s still showing the full list of field sets on a single page and no apparent subnavs

I wasn’t sure whether I should check “Are we modifying an existing sub nav?” and I’m guessing this may be part of the problem. Presumably the answer for the first subnav I’ve created should be “yes” but can’t figure out what the slug should be.

I did attempt to follow the documentation instructions for locating the slug but unfortunately I’m using Buddyboss on this occasion and there doesn’t seem to be any reference to the “data-bp-user-scope” at all. I’ve tried guessing at the slug using “view”, “profile” and “public” but none of these seem to work.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37096

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for purchasing the plugin.

1. The plugin can not affect what is shown on your existing profile sub tab(It can help replace them though)

2. My suggestion is to remove the current default tab(please see docs) and add sub tab for each of the field group(set one of these sub tab as default)

3. Sub tabs not showing on the profile:- Is there any chance you are using BuddyBoss theme? They have removed the code that shows sub nav in the template file. I can provide you a template file to override the same.

Otherwise, Please let me know which theme you are using and I will assist you with the sub tabs not showing issue.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #37148

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am indeed currently using a child of the BuddyBoss theme and from what you say, I do wonder if this may have something to do with the issues I am experiencing. If you have any suggestions to overome them, I would be very grateful.

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37314

Hi Nik,
    My apology for the delayed reply.

1. Please copy the file buddyboss-theme/buddypress/members/single/profile.php to your-childtheme/buddypress/members/single/profile.php

Now, please add this line at the op of this file.

<?php bp_get_template_part( 'members/single/parts/item-subnav' ); ?>

That will show the sub navs.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved