BuddyDev

Search

User Profile Tabs Creator Pro – tab positions?

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #21626

Hi Brajesh, please clarify about the about the position of the tabs. The documentation says:

‘The number decides what will be the order of the tabs. Using a smaller number puts the tab before others’

but -100 is a smaller number than -10? or are the symbol not minuses?

what about tabs for blog, image album and search, which are not listed in the list below, should they be numbered with numbers in between?

The following numeric positions are used by BuddyPress tabs

Activity – 10
    Profile – 20
    Notifications – 30
    Messages – 50
    Friends – 60
    Groups – 70
    Settings – 100

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21627

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for the question.

1. Only non negative integers are supported(0 or above)

2. For the non standard tabs, we do plan to keep adding a reference. If you can tell me which tabs you have from which plugins, we can update our reference with it.

In future, we may have an info page that will list all current tabs and their number.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #21632

Thanks Brajesh, I really thought that the hyphen ment a negative value 😉

The non standard tabs blog, image album and search all are working with User Profile Tabs Creator Pro, but what you are saying is, that the numeric position will not work with these?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21634

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for the reply.

I am sorry for the confusion. Changing the order and all other features will work as expected for all tabs(BuddyPress core or added by 3rd party plugins).

What I said that we can put a documentation page for known 3rd party plugins(which adds a tab) to let the site admins easily see which number they can use to re-position before/after the custom tabs.

Hope it clarifies.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved