BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] User unable to change passwords anymore

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Daniel on #40615

Hi,

I have currently a problem that when a user attempts to change his password, then he gets logged out and cannot login neither with the old nor with the new password.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
    Daniel

• Participant
    Daniel on #40625

Hi,

sorry to come back on this but do you might have a clue what could cause this? I am running on BP V. 7.3 but cannot update to the new version because then the register form disappears.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40626

Hi Daniel,
    I am sorry to hear about it. There were change sin BuddyPress 8.0(to allow selecting signup fields) and this needs some change in your theme to make sure the registration page works.

Please contact the theme author and request them for an update(there was another change that allowed having invites, it may need template update too).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #40699

Hi Brajesh,

I am running on Buddypress V 7.3 and not 8.0+.

As already mentioned my theme author has disappeared and the theme author website is no longer online, also the theme is discontinued for updates.

How can I manage to make Buddypress new versions work on the website? Would you offer this service to adjust the theme? I cannot switch theme because the website will break (I already tried it).

If we don’t find a solution I will no longer be able to continue BuddyPress membership after the membership will expire because I cannot update any plugins above BP 7.3.

It would be fantastic if we could find a solution.

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40704

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you for the reply.

Even though we can help with minor modifications for now, we won’t be able to assist you with keeping your themes updated with each release.

Better solution is to atleast plan for moving from the current theme to some supported theme. Otherwise, It may be come a security issue in future.

I appreciate your long term association with us, so I will be glad to assist you with this registration issue but I may not be able to assist in the future updates of the WordPress.

Please confirm and share the FTP details and I will take care of the upgrade.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #40707
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40725
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40750
  • Participant
    Daniel on #40754
  • Participant
    Daniel on #40755

The topic ‘ [Resolved] User unable to change passwords anymore’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved