- HansRuedi Keller on October 3, 2019 at 12:29 pm #25638
For WordPress Username Availability Checker v1.1.1 (Friday, 11 August, 2017) you wrote: “Updated to add filter for allowing restrictions”.
What’s now the code or the best plugin to add username restrictions?
- Brajesh Singh on October 3, 2019 at 12:35 pm #25639
Thank you for the question. I added the filter to exclude ceratain names from availability.
You can use any username restriction plugin.
This one seems good(though not updated recently)
- HansRuedi Keller on October 3, 2019 at 2:15 pm #25642
For BP there is an important option in the plugin you recommend: “Don’t allow spaces in usernames”…
…but your actual version of WordPress Username Availability Checker seems not to honor that setting.
Would you please include it?
- Brajesh Singh on October 3, 2019 at 8:54 pm #25645
My comment was in context of Multisite. For normal WordPress , the space works. I removed that on the request of members on wp.org.
- HansRuedi Keller on October 3, 2019 at 9:22 pm #25646
Thanks for your reply, Brajesh
- Brajesh Singh on October 4, 2019 at 12:12 am #25650
You are welcome Hans.
- Mac Eckett on October 6, 2019 at 2:29 am #25696
I got a bug. When i register a username as : “ianjohnson” it s ok, it s available. Then i try to register with : “Ian Johnson”, with a space between both and i see the message “Congrats ….” it’s available, when i fill all other fields and i submit the form i see on top of the form ” username aleady exists”
How can i fix this bug please ?
Many thanks for your help
- Brajesh Singh on October 6, 2019 at 2:31 am #25697
Welcome to BuddyDev.
Please create a new topic as this is resolved. Adding new topic helps us keep things organized.
Thank you for your consideration.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.