BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Users can't download media

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Daniel Gavilan on #11824

Hi!

I am using Mediapress + the Downloads add-on to enable my users to create private document galleries in the groups. As admin, I am able to download documents (upload for me or for any user without problem. My users, however, are not able to download their own files.

When they click the download link that appears under the file in their gallery, and the following phrase appears: The privacy policy does not allow you to view this.

I change the settings in media press –> Settings –> Privacy settings and this doesn´t works.

The file link which appears when you hover over the Download link is the correct link for downloading (as admin, I am able to download the file at that link), however clicking on the link does not work for my users.

How can i solve this?

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11833

Hi Daniel,
    My apologies for the delayed reply.

It seems that the Downlodable Media plugin has issues with group media. I am testing it and will have an update today.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel Gavilan on #11889

Hi Brajesh,

I still have the same problem, and the Downlodable Media plugin does not ask me to update …

Thank you

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11890

Hi Daniel,
    My apologies for the delayed reply.
    I and @ravisharma tested MediaPress 1.2.0 with MediaPress Downloadable Media 1.0.3

1. We did not see any option for creating private galleries in groups. Are you referring to the Group only gallery?

2. private galleries are only allowed for users and only admin and user can download it(groups don’t have private galleries)

3. The members of group were able to download group only gallery.

Can you please let me know if your setup is different? which version of WordPress, BuddyPress, MediaPress are you using? and what is the settings there?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel Gavilan on #11891

Hi Brajesh,

Yes, you are right.

I mean that when a user uploads a file in the home/ wall of the group (not in galleries), he does not have access to that file.

If you click on that file the following sentence appears: The privacy policy does not allow you to view this.

And the gallery path created automatically is as follows:
    Name group gallery / Wall doc gallery

Administrators can see that gallery and download the files, but users can not.

If it is an administrator who uploads the file, anyone can access it. But as a user I do not see the wall doc gallery, I can only download it from the wall.

In the settings, I have marked:

Component settings -> enable galleries for -> User galleries / Group Galleries

Privacy Settings / Default status for Gallery / Media -> Group only

Enabled Media / Gallery Statuses: friends only / groups only

I do not know if I’m doing something wrong …

Im using Buddypress 2.9.2, Media Press 1.2.0 and WordPress 4.9

Thanks a lot again

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11892

Hi Daniel,
    can you please provide me a temporary normal user account and link to the group where the media is causing issue?

I tried locally but I am missing something as I am unable to reproduce it(tried with .zip file)

Is there any chance that you are using any other code/plugin for user gallery/media permission/restrictions(It could be our other plugins)?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel Gavilan on #11893
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11894

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you.
    I see the problems are related to status. I checked the dashboard and I see that the status are the real problem(Groups have friends only and a few more).

Please allow me 2 days(around 48 hours from now). I am pushing a new release of mediapress to better handle non public status from activity.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel Gavilan on #11896
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11986

Hi Dani,
    Thank you. I am sorry I was not able to push a release of MediaPress. I am working on a release today (It may come little late today but I am dedicating whole day for it), I will let you know after that.

Thank you
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Users can't download media’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved