BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Users of subsite not appearing in the lists for invitation to join

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Eddy on #20432

Hi,

I have installed the BP Multi Network plugin successfully. Groups I create are only shown in that subsite, so that’s great.
    But… there are no users to invite. The users that are set up for the subsite are not listed and no users are found.

In the back end I can add a user by entering the userid, and when saving it confirms that user with that userid was added, but still, no users are shown at all. At the group list in the back end it says 2 members, but in the back end group view there is nothing shown.

I have seen threads about this topic, but I have not seen a solution.

Can you please help?

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20438

Hi Eddy,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

If you are using our BuddyPress multi network plugin, this is an expected behaviour. I am assuming the users were added to your subsite before you activated the bp multi network plugin?

Here is how it works:- WordPress does not store a proper searchable way to which sites a user belongs to. So, the site user’s query is normally slow(uses blog id in prefix of the caps meta).

To overcome it, we store the user/blog association in our own table. The table works by attaching to add user to blog action.

Since the users were existing in your case, they were not added to this table(I realise we lack sync).

We will need a few days to write a tool for syncing existing users to our table(We can put it in BuddyPress tools section).

Another solution, if you do not need user scoping to sub site, you can use Ron’s BP Multi Network plugin.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Eddy on #20491

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    It’s all clear to me now.
    Not a big deal, I am working in a development environment, so I’ll add some users and proceed.

Thanks for your help.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20494

Thank you.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Users of subsite not appearing in the lists for invitation to join’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved