BuddyDev

Search

Using animated gif as avatars

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Rob on #43485

Hello,

I’m working with the plugin developer of disable-gif-resizing.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-gif-resizing/.

I realize it hasn’t been updated in a couple versions but I’ve contacted the developer and he tested and assured me it works flawlessly all the way till 5.9.

At his suggestion we troubleshooted it by removing all plugins less Community Builder theme and the disable-gif-resizing. The plugin works all the way until saving then it breaks the animation.

Turns it to a .jpg.

He’s tested it with several themes with no issues.

I’ve been struggling with this for some time and the plugin developer says it’s most likely in the theme.

How do I turn this off?

If this is some special request I’ll be happy to pay for it, I’ve been struggling with this for weeks looking elsewhere as I didn’t really think it was the theme.

Several of our members come from forums with animated avatars and they wont work, so they stopped posting.

Let me know, I’ll be glad to send money via PayPal to get this out of my to do list.

Best Regards,
    Rob

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #43502

Hello Rob,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have checked the plugin with Community Builder Theme and it is working fine for me. The test case I have tested after uploading gif image via the ‘Add Media’ button on the edit post screen and After uploading made some changes to dimensions of the image.

Please correct me if my test case is different that yours so that I can debug further this issue.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #43503

Hello Rob,

Please ignore my last reply. I have rechecked your requirement and it seems you are asking for BuddyPress Avatar. So, Till now there is no support is added for Gif Avatar in BuddyPress. We will let you know once added.

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved