BuddyDev

Search

Using BuddyPress Multi Network in Multilingual Website

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Manuel Tejeda on #31120

Hi Brajesh. I’d like to know if you think I can use your plugin “BuddyPress Multi Network” as a solution to a Multilingual Site using Buddyboss. We need to launch our website at the same time in English and Spanish. I have no problem with the static pages, but I cannot translate the strings for the Activity, Profile, Members, Groups, Forums, etc. Loco Translate works perfectly just for having your website in another language, but not for having two languages at the same time. TranslatePress has a “language switcher feature”, but it does not translate the code strings in my multisite setup. I wanted to buy WPML, but it’s known for having issues with BB. Have one of your subscribers found a solution to this issue? I’ll really appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Thank you.

P.S. Just a friendly reminder about the friendly BuddyBlog layout for using with BuddyBoss.

Best regards and thank you again for the great job you do.

Manuel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31121

Hi Manuel,
    Thank you for the question.

I do not think using Multi network is the right idea unless you want the content from 1 site to be different from the other.

I do not have any specific recommendation for the multilingial site with buddyboss, if you find a solution, Please do share.

About the BuddyBlog template:- I am in the process of a major release in next few days. That’s why I haven’t provided you with the template yet. I am expecting it by this Tuesday/Wednes day.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Manuel Tejeda on #31200

Hi Brajesh, thanks for your kind reply. I already sent a ticket to the TranslatePress team and I am waiting for their response. If it is positive I will share it here for everyone to know. I’ve continued to make a lot of progress, thanks in part to the BuddyDev plugins, and I’ve already made a recommendation in the BuddyBoss Group on Facebook. Best regards,
    Manuel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31212

Thank you Manuel,
    I look forward to their feedback.

I sincerely appreciate your kind words. Thank you for recommending us.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Pedro on #44620

Hi Manuel,
    Have you found a good solution? I’m also struggling to translate BP in a multisite config
    THanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved