BuddyDev

Search

using circles as privacy selector

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    xavierl on #33349

Hello i know wordpress as CMS but for community i am more used to socialengine or phpfox.

I look for a solution to refine precisely privacy options for newsfeed and photos by group of friends/circles.

i have installed your plugins for circles and privacy.

I would want user to select privacy of an album or a news to their prefered circles.

Circles can be used to follow friends.
    but also to publich to friends to a specific circle

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33350

Hi,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

Thank you for using the plugin. At the moment, privacy by circle is not available.

If you are using BuddyPress, we are looking forward to experiment with circle as privacy in newsfeed in next couple of weeks.

If you are using BuddyBoss, we are not sure if we will be able to provide newsfeed privacy by circle. we do plan to test that in next 2 weeks.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    xavierl on #33353

hello

thank you for confirmation
    this is with buddyboss platform

the other way to see about privacy would be to publish in private groups.

from main timeline is there a way to publish inside a registered group or should we go to the group ?

when a user publish an album inside a group.

is there a way to list in the photo part of user profil the user group albums contributions ?
    inside the albums tab or in another group album tab

is there a query for this that could be added to the theme ?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33356

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

yes, using group will be a better option.

1. Yes, You can do that. While posting from site feed, there is an option to select group as shown below
    https://i.imgur.com/DudDj9w.png

Once you select group, you can type the name.

2. I am sorry but I could not understand this question. I do understand that you want to show the user’s contribution to groups. Where do you want to show it?

Please let me know and I will assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mayzfieldtv on #36387

I am commenting on this because what I actually wanted is to be able to use circles as privacy options. So, I am asking why you said that if you are using buddyboss, you are not sure if you can provide newsfeed privacy, I mean is this because buddyboss is different? I just need to understand. *I was using youzer before and it was not really buddypress so I know how integrations can cause issues sometimes.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36416

Hi,
    Thank you for the question.
    We are not considering the option at the moment due to lack to available time. It can work well with BuddyBoss.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved