BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Vbulletin albums to mediapress

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Simon Parker on #2647

Hi. I am moving from Vbulletin to bbpress and want to use mediapress as my image solution

I have approx 15k albums created by users in vbulletin and need to find a way to move these across to mediapress with the correct users associated with it.

Anyone have any ideas or have done this before and have any recommendations?

I am not sure what import procedures mediapress has?

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2650

Hi Simon,
    Thank you for posting.

I am sorry but we don’t have support for such migration at the moment.

If you are familiar with WordPress coding, I can point in the direction to create the galleries and importing media using code. I can supply for WordPress side of the code but i lack familiarity with vbulletin and may not be of much help there.

PS: MediaPress media are just normal WordPress media with a few meta and parent gallery id. So if there is a script to import vbulletin Media to WordPress media, we may use it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Simon Parker on #3485

Hi

right finally sorted some of the other issues out and yes i would like your help on the mediapress side of it please.

If you can advise how to add new images into the mediapress tables / folder etc i think i ahve a way to export from vbulletin

although im still figuring out the way to map the users properly from one to another and be able to give them the correct albums

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3488

Hi Simon,
    Thank you for the update. It’s good to know.

MediaPress stores the media as WordPress attachment(with some extra meta data and term assignment).

You can use mpp_add_media to add a media to the gallery. Please see the example here for the syntax

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/custom-gallery-from-buddypress-fields/#post-2841

Also, you can add new gallery using mpp_create gallery. Here is an example to show , how to add gallery automatically.

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/default-galleries-for-every-group-or-single-mixed-media-gallery/#post-3241

Please do check and let me know if you need any help.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Simon Parker on #3560

Hi

We have a basic importer working. One issue we are seeing is the activity log from buddypress is putting the admin user (as we are importing the images using a admin page as a ful,l plugin) as the activity

so the actual user does have their album added but the activity log shows the admin user as having added it.

this is just the mpp_create gallery function we have not added any images yet but assume it will probably behave in a similar way.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3576

Hi Simon,
    That is a wonderful news. I am very happy to know that you are able to import.

To stop the activity from getting created, please visit MediaPress->Settings->BuddyPress and disable the automatic activity creation for new media/new gallery while you are importing. It will fix the issue.

Hope it helps.
    Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Simon Parker on #3613

ok will try that . thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved