BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Video Thumbnail Upload

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Keith on #14162

I’d like to request the ability to manually upload a thumbnail for video clips. It would be nice for my users to upload a custom thumbnail to the video media and see that instead of the placeholder thumbnail. Is this a possibility? I imagine that it would work the same as uploading a gallery cover image.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14166

Hi Keith,
    We already have that functionality for all non photo media types.

I.e you can upload custom cover photo for video, audio or documents. Currently, it is doable from the single media edit page.
    https://i.imgur.com/YGUy7Bt.png

We do plan to allow the same from the lightbox and bulk edit screen in future.

Best Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Keith on #14180

Thanks Brajesh,

That’s good to know. Unfortunately, I’m not seeing that option on my edit media page. Here’s a screenshot.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/dUTGmLUfJSB9qXi12

Do I have to enable this feature somewhere?

• Participant
    Keith on #14201

Hi I noticed that the cover image upload has had its display set to none in the code.
    <div id=”mpp-cover-uploading” style=”display:none;” class=”mpp-cover-uploading”>

• Participant
    Keith on #14202

Never mind about that I just realized what that is. But I still don’t have an option to upload a cover image to the media.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14203

Please visit Single Media and then click on edit link. You will find the upload cover button there for video/audio/doc types.

The screen you were showing earlier was bulk edit media screen , currently it does not have that functionality.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Keith on #14212

Ok I figured it out. I was using Video Playlist and wasn’t able to get to the edit link.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14231

I am glad you found it. We do plan to add it on bulk edit screen too to avoid the the extra issue.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Video Thumbnail Upload’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved