BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, func

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Alejandro on #34091

Hi, first of all, thank you for the support and the wonderful plugins that you offer us. I am using the “simple fron end post” and the “cathegories for groups”. I’m very happy with the results;) Thank you for offering them.
    I have a problem with a message that appears within the general image of a group. The message says:

“Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘bp_group_new_topic_button’ not found or invalid function name in C:\xampp\htdocs\POSTCOP\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php on line 287”

I am getting started in the PHP language and the truth is that I do not know what the problem is. I’d like to try to fix it, but I don’t know where to start. This message appeared when I changed the theme(I add one based on Bootstrap …) this theme also gave me problems with the blog section, but I found the solution in this forum and solved it with your instructions (from what I understand, the theme should not be updated to WP 3.0 + version)

Could you help me? thanks for your attention
    Cheers

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34103

Hi Alejandro,

welcome to BuddyDev forums.
    I am sorry but I am not seeing any reason for this error to happen by our plugins. Can you please temporarily disable our plugin and check if the error is appearing or gone?

The function “bp_group_new_topic_button” was deprecated in BuddyPress 3.0 and most probably some old theme or code is adding it to your group.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Alejandro on #34137

Thanks for your guidance, it was indeed the function of thema … I removed it and the problem disappeared. Thank you very much for your help and attention. 🙂

• Participant
    Alejandro on #34138
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34143
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34144

Hi Alejandro,
    Thank you.

I am glad it is resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

PS:- this is public reply.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, func’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved