BuddyDev

Search

Welcome email fatal error

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Leigh on #5749

Hi Brajesh,

I’m using your “auto activate and login plugin” and and it’s working perfectly. I am trying to send a welcome email using the code you have given here > https://buddydev.com/buddypress/send-welcome-email-to-users-when-they-activate-their-account-on-wordpress-buddypress-based-social-network/.

I am getting a Fatal error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘phpmailerException’ with message ‘Invalid address: “xxxx”‘ in /home/xxx/staging/3/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php:946 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxx/staging/3/wp-includes/pluggable.php(352): PHPMailer->setFrom(‘”xxx…’, ‘WordPress’, false) #1 /home/xxx/staging/3/wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php(47): wp_mail(‘carry@xxx…’, ‘Welcome to EN…’, ‘Dear carry,\n \nY…’, ‘From: “xxx …’) #2 [internal function]: bpdev_welcome_user_notification(73, ‘dac24Y16UPkalBI…’, Array) #3 /home/xxx/staging/3/wp-includes/plugin.php(524): call_user_func_array(‘bpdev_welcome_u…’, Array) #4 /home/xxx/staging/3/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-members/bp-members-functions.php(2044): do_action(‘bp_core_activat…’, 73, ‘dac24Y16UPkalBI…’, Array) #5 /home/xxx/staging/3/wp-content/plugins/bp-auto-activate-auto-login/bp-auto-activate-auto-login.php(222): bp_core_activate_signup(‘dac24Y16UPkalBI…’) #6 [internal function]: BPDev_Account_Auto_Activat in /home/xxx/staging/3/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php on line 946

Happy to pay for fix. I enjoy and appreciate your plugins and the fact that you are adding so much to the BP community. Hope you can help.

Cheers Leigh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5752

Hi Leigh,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. It appeared to be an issue with the way I was generating/adding mail headers. I have updated the code on the tutorial page now. Please update and It will work.

https://buddydev.com/buddypress/send-welcome-email-to-users-when-they-activate-their-account-on-wordpress-buddypress-based-social-network/

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Leigh on #5754

Working great, thanks Brajesh. Just one thing though. The welcome email has the following at the top of the content:

xxx <admin@xxx.net>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

How do I remove this?

Leigh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5757

Hi Leigh,
    Thank you for confirming. I am sorry but those are mail headers and should not appear as part of message.

Is it appearing as part of the text message? can you please post me a screenshot? I just tested it again and it seems fine to me.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Leigh on #5762

Here’s a screenshot. http://imgur.com/oA5kmMt

Also ‘From’ says WordPress <wordpress@xxxxx> ?

Cheers

• Participant
    Leigh on #5853

Hi Brajesh,

Have you had a chance to take a look at this?

Cheers

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5881

Hi Leigh,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply. It seems that your email client has the settings enabled that makes it show the mail headers.

The content displayed are all mail headers. For changing From, Please change it in the code.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Leigh on #5893

Hi Brajesh,

The only time I get the email header in the content is when using this script.
    https://buddydev.com/buddypress/send-welcome-email-to-users-when-they-activate-their-account-on-wordpress-buddypress-based-social-network/

All other emails sent from my site have never contained headers in the content and still don’t. Is there something in the scripts that could be causing it?

Leigh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5894

Hi Leigh,
    Can you please post the complete code on pastebin and link me. If it happening for this email only, The code you are using may give me some pointer.

• Participant
    Leigh on #5905
    This reply has been marked as private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved