BuddyDev

Search

What can I achieve with BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #17232

Hi there, I am looking for a way of deleting tabs and sub tabs, like Profile visibility in settings.

I also need to customize the look and color of the tabs, and change the position.

Is it possible to gain total control of the tabs with BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17238

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for asking.

You can achieve everything with the Profile Tabs pro that is possible with writing code, without writing a single line of code.

In other words, if it is possible to do something via code, It can do it.

1. You can reorder tabs
    2. You can edit/modify tab labels and visibility based on roles.
    3. you can edit tabs availability based on role
    4. You can remove tabs if needed
    5. you can set a tab as default tab

6. Same functionality for the sub navs(add, edit, delete).

7. There is one restriction, if you are removing the default landing page of a profile, you will need to set another tab as landing(It applies in code too). Also, you can not change “slug” of the existing tab/subtab.

You can not change the color/background as that needs css and we did not think that as a major feature. I can provide css that you can add in your customize settings(Additional Styles) to change the color if needed.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #17257

Hi Brajesh, thank you for clarifying the functionality and possibilities with this plugin.

‘There is one restriction, if you are removing the default landing page of a profile, you will need to set another tab as landing(It applies in code too). Also, you can not change “slug” of the existing tab/subtab.’

I am not sure I understand this, could you please explain this in another way?

‘You can not change the color/background as that needs css and we did not think that as a major feature. I can provide css that you can add in your customize settings(Additional Styles) to change the color if needed.’

okay, thanks, I can do some CSS myself, though it sometime can be difficult to find the right selector, and sometimes selectors working in the inspector, does not work in your CSS sheet.

My purpose of customizing the tabs is to make them look less BuddyPress, matching my other menu tabs.

Regards

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17260

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for purchasing the plugin.

I was referring to the part of url such as “friends”, “groups” you see after a user’s profile url when you click on user’s Friends/groups on profile. For existing profile tab, you can not change that part of slug.

Rest should be fine.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved