BuddyDev

Search

What would the URL be for buddypress profile

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Dave on #6322

I am a newbie so this may be a stupid question.
    What would the URL look like for addressing the buddypress profile.
    It is a dynamic link so I don’t know what to do.

I am thinking of creating a Profile page, or maybe a slider, but everything wants a URL and I dont understand how to do that becasue the users name gets added to the link.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6325

Hi Dave,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

you can use the following php code to get the url

$url = bp_core_get_user_domain( $user_id );//replace with user's id

Hope that helps. feel free to ask any question. There is nothing wrong with your question and it is not stupid. We all learn by doing things 🙂

• Participant
    Dave on #6331

I am sorry, I dont understand. Where would I put that code, and would I use all of it?

Here’s my problem. I dont know how to address the profile section of buddypress to make a page, link, or anything that requires a URL.

The members section was easy because buddypress uses a page for the members section and I can add the pages to my menus or link to it by URL where ever I want.

When it comes to the profile section, buddy press doesn’t use a page. I was able to add the profile section into my menu by from the buddypress section, but I have no way, or understanding, of how to make a profile page or a link.

• Participant
    Dave on #6342

Hello??

Are newbies frowned upon here?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6343

Hi Dave,
    I am sorry but this forum is not the beginners forum, we don’t teach php.
    Newbies are welcome but if you do not know where to put the code, in that case, It is better to let others do it for you.

I will try to point again, if you are building a user slider, you need to know some js, a little bit of php skill.

Please take a look at this file and see how the members are listed in the directory

https://github.com/buddypress/BuddyPress/blob/master/src/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/members-loop.php#L51

This will give you a pointer. If you are not comfortable with php, And if you plan to do it yourself, I will suggest checking out some beginners php tutorial for a few hours. That will give you the right perspective.

Hope that helps.
    Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved