BuddyDev

Search

When will Community Builder 2.0 will be ready?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Claudia Liebram on #25129

In docs you wrote “Maximus will be discontinued with Community Builder 2.0. We suggest using Divi Builder, Siteorigin or Elementor page builder if you need a page builder.”

I’m beginning to work with your theme. Do you plan to release Community Builder 2.0 in a few days or weeks – or months?

If I have to choose another page builder – what’s your favorite?

Greetings

Claudia

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25130

Hi Claudia,
    Thank you for the purchase.

Community Builder 2.0 is coming by the end of the day, 4th Septmeber( Wednesday).

I will suggest using Elementor or any other page builder since we do not plan to keep updating Maximus. We do not recommend site origin now, It seems way behind others currently.

Please feel free to choose any moderan page builder and we will be glad to support. Our current favorite is Elementor.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Claudia Liebram on #25131

Cool, thanks for your answer.

• Participant
    Claudia Liebram on #25304

4th September is some days ago 😉

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25309

Hi Claudia,
    I am sorry I could not update you. We could not achieve our targets and now the release is scheduled for 29t/30th.

It is a complete rewrite and our most important release of the last few years. On 4th, even after trying hard, we could not reach even near our goals with this theme.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I will be happy to offer a full refund if you can not wait till 29th/30th. If you can, I can guarantee It will be something which is not present in the BuddyPress theme market currently(functionality wise) and will be a pleasant surprise.

Thank you for the patience.

Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #25433

Hi Brajesh

I’m looking SO MUCH forward to see the new Community Builder 2.0. But I guess there will be some manual work from our site when we upgrade, since the current version 1.1.6 has been on the road for some years?

I guess the child theme also will be updated from the current version 1.0?

Best regards
    Torben

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25446

Hi Torben,
    Thank you.
    Yes, It will need some effort. we will be here assisting you with that.
    2.0 is not backward compatible but ti should not take much effort to migrate unless you are using the Facey Blue color scheme. We have dropped Facy Blue from core and will be available as child theme in future.

There are only minor change in child theme(better coding standard and so on). You can adapt them easily(or can keep using the child theme).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25554

Hi Claudia,Torben

The alpha is available now. It is under your Community Builder downloads.

We will have another release tomorrow that completes the message compose/reply functionality.

The current release is not suitable for production. It should give you the idea where we are moving.

Please check the customizer.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #26021

Hi Brajesh

Could you give us an updated status about the estimated release date for Community Builder 2.0?

Thanks
    Torben

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26034

Hi Torben,
    The next update will be available on 28th October. It will be the release candidate.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved