BuddyDev

Search

Which Version BuddyPress Most Stable/Compatible with Your Plugins?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    buddyuser on #43710

Hello,

I have to completely rebuild a site and am trying to figure out which version of BuddyPress I should use. I am using the BuddyPress legacy template.

I’m planning to use many of your plugins, such as Moderation Tools, Media Press, Private/Activity Rate Limiter, Activity Plus Reloaded, Block Users, Testimonials, Featured Members, etc.

I am trying to find whichever version of Buddypress is the current “sweet spot” for compatibility/stability for your plugins.

It would seem that many of the plugins require BuddyPress 8.0, so that would probably be best as a minimum, but for maximum I am not so sure…

Many of the plugins have only been tested up to version 9.0 or 9.1. Furthermore, a couple of the really useful plugins like Limit Groups Per User have only been tested up to BuddyPress 5.2 or Confirm Actions up to 8.0.

I realize “tested up to” doesn’t mean they won’t work, but I’m trying to reduce my risk of potential issues.

So I am wondering if Brajesh has a recommendation on which version of BuddyPress he currently recommends using if one is to use many of his plugins such as the ones I’ve listed?

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43725

Hi,
    Thank you for the question.

I will suggest using the latest version of BuddyPress (currently 10.1.0).

Most of our pro plugins are compatible with it(except 2 not mentioned in your list and we are working on it).

We haven’t tested most of our free plugins with it but there is rare chance of any plugin tested with BuddyPress 6.0+ to not work. We are in the process of updating the details for our free plugins(and deprecating some of them).

Please feel free to list the free plugins here and we will provide the compatibility details until it is available on the site.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    buddyuser on #43734

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for the reply, that is great to hear.

For the free plugins, the most crucial ones were:

Activity Plus Reloaded, Confirm Actions, Limit Groups Per User. I see these as basically utility plugins.

Secondary ones would be:

Featured Members, Notifications Widget (especially useful if not using a dedicated BP theme), Group Suggest Widget, Extended User Groups Widget.

Also, MediaPress Set Profile Photo and Set Profile Cover are useful with MediaPress.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #43737

Hello Buddyuser,

Thank you for sharing the details. We will check the compatibility and will let you within 24 or 48hrs.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43791

Hi,
    Thank you for the patience.

There are some of them needing update:-

1. Confirm Actions
    2. MediaPress Set Profile Cover

We will push an update this coming week.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved