BuddyDev

Search

Why are some BP pages full width and others not?

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #22379

Hi Brajesh, why are most BP pages like members page, activity, settings and messages with a sidebar, but members single profile is full width?

I have, of course, tried to set the page layout to content with no sidebars, but it changes nothing.

Do I need to ad code to have BuddyPress contents full width, and why are the single members profile page full width pr default?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22388

Hi Carsten,
    The user profiles are not pages in true sense. That’s why the template is not being applied.

My suggestion will be to create/override buddypress.php file in your theme. This is the layout used in all BuddyPress pages(including directory and single page) and you can control the sidebars conditionally.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #22390

Hi Brajesh, thanks for the clarification, so per default, BuddyPress pages and content are with sidebars?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22391

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for the question.

BuddyPress does not come with or without sidebar. The layout depends on your theme.

BuddyPress looks for a list of templates and which ever is the first one it finds in the theme, It will use that for the layout

'plugin-buddypress.php',
    		'buddypress.php',
    		'community.php',
    		'generic.php',
    		'page.php',
    		'single.php',
    		'singular.php',
    		'index.php'

Most of the theme which are not BuddyPress specific come with page.php. So, the default layout you see is that of page.php

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved