BuddyDev

Search

Woocommerce price variation by member type

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #27043

Hello,

Can you provide help on varied price on woocommerce products based on buddypress member types. For example

I have a woocommerce store in my buddypress site and I sell a membership product using the popular woocommerce memberships plugin. The product is called (Premium membership) meanwhile I have the member types (individual) and (business).

Now how can I enable this product (Premium membership) to have varied prices depending on the user or current logged in member type i.e

1. If a user with member type (individual) is logged in the price of (Premium membership) product would be $50 dollars.

2. If a user with member type (business) is logged in the price of (Premium membership) product would be $100 dollars.

Maybe a plugin called (buddycommerce member type price variation) would be awesome this will supplement your (buddycommerce) plugin

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27044

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the question.

You can easily solve it using our Member Types Pro plugin.

There exists plugins for Role based pricing. Using our member types pro, you can map member types to roles and use the existing plugins to resolve your issue.

I do not think we need a plugin for member type based pricing as the role based pricing will serve the purpose.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #27045

Ohhhh awesome thanks, now I just just beginning to see the full capabilities of the member types pro plugin.

But I would like to confirm if a user can have multiple roles because I want all my users to have the default role of (contributor) so if a user has the role (contributor) can I assign a new custom role to this same user enabling the user to have two roles.

Thanks a lot Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27051

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you.

The Memeber Types pro supports multiple role. Even though WordPress supports multiple roles for a user, The default WordPress UI does not support it.

So, I am not sure if it will be a good idea to have multiple roles for long term. Some innocuous profile update may overwrite the roles.

Please think about the benefits/issues maintaining it and you go ahead with it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved