BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] “Write something to {displayed_user_name}” disabled

• Participant
    Level: Master
    smart life on #14435

Hi,

I used code bellow to disabled @mention, it helped remove the Mentions tabs.
    add_filter( ‘bp_activity_do_mentions’, ‘__return_false’ );

But when i go to visit another profile, there still appear “Write something to {displayed_user_name}”

I tried to catch css to remove it. But it used same class “what is new for owner profile”

How do i complete remove @menton everywhere, included “Write something to {displayed_user_name}” ???

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14458

Hi Julia,
    The code above removes the functionality but the places where your theme or BuddyPress uses @ some-name in ui as text node is not removed.

Your best bet is to translate your theme or BuddyPress to remove the text nodes displaying @somename.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    smart life on #14468

Do you know where if 2 file are difference?

1) File: Write something to {displayed_user_name} –> Modify this

2) File: What is new? –> Don’t touch this

If they are difference PHP file. Can you guide me where is location of file (1), so i can go there add extra class for ” Write something to {displayed_user_name}” so i can use css to hidden it. OR remove this code complete in file.

I know how to copy it to child-theme. Just need your guide which lines and file location. Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14474

Please check if your theme’s parent theme has buddypress/activity/post-form.php. If yes, please copy it to your child theme/buddypress/activity/post-form.php

if it is not in your parent theme, you can copy it from wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/activity/post-form.pho to your child theme/buddypress/activity/post-form.php

You can modify it then.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    smart life on #14485

Is the post-form.php, allow me modify “Write something to {displayed_user_name}”, no anything related with “What is new? “, right?

I just want to remove “Write something to {displayed_user_name}”, no anywhere eles.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14501

Yes, It will.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14502

Also, Please do not post in MediaPress premium forum for non MediaPress related topics. If you are looking for premium support, It is available under “Premium Support” forum category.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    smart life on #14512

Hi.

But the issue there is only “#what is new” , i can’t understand what is div… for “Write something to {displayed_user_name}–mention function”

Can you guide which line to which line should i remove? Have the screenshot will be best.

===
    Thank for remind. It was accident sometime which choose wrong forum.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14529

HI Julia,
    If it is not there, please Contact your theme developers. That is the most common place to have these.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    smart life on #14555

Not related theme, I went to buddypress:
    content/plugins/buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/activity/post-form.pho to your child theme/buddypress/activity/post-form.php

Can you guide me “which line to which line == number of code postion in post-form.php” should i remove “Write something to {displayed_user_name}–mention function”

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by smart life.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved