BuddyDev

Search

X-profile Custom multi taxonomy selector select2 issue in buddyboss

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Xpher on #46170

When using the X-profile Custom multi taxonomy field on a repeater field in buddyboss and enabling select2, the select2 isn’t getting rendered. (only works on non-repeater fields).

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46175

Hi Xpher,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.

I am not sure of the issue. Please contact the BuddyBoss support and let them know the issue. Let me know their suggestions to make it compatible and I will update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Xpher on #46196

Copy/paste from their email:

As we further investigate this concern, you need to contact BuddyDev Support: https://buddydev.com/support/forums/

To have them properly configure this class on the field. Here’s the documentation about this plugin: https://www.buddyboss.com/integrations/buddypress-xprofile-custom-field-types/

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46197

HI Xpher,
    Thank you for the reply

To have them properly configure this class on the field.

Which class they are referring to and how does that need to be confiegured on the field? Please share details.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Xpher on #46213

This is what they answer:

They might be referring to the class you mentioned on this ticket which is select2 where you have added on field type

Does this make sense? Let me know exactly what you need if not.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46221

I Xpher,
    I am very sorry, I don’t see any class mentioned in my reply. Please point me.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Xpher on #46223

it’s the “select2” class.

Meanwhile, on save of the repeater field, there is another yet related issue that comes up:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/…/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bp-xprofile-custom-field-types/src/handlers/class-taxonomy-terms-creator.php on line 73

Line 73 =

` foreach ( $value as $tag ) {

if ( ! term_exists( (int) $tag, $taxonomy_selected ) && ! term_exists( $tag, $taxonomy_selected ) ) {

if ( ! $allow_new_tags ) {
    continue;
    }

$res = wp_insert_term( $tag, $taxonomy_selected );

if ( ! is_wp_error( $res ) && is_array( $res ) ) {
    $sanitized[] = “{$res[‘term_id’]}”;
    }
    } else {
    $sanitized[] = $tag;
    }
    }

return $sanitized;`

I havve a feeling all this is related.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46224

Hi Xpher,
    Thank you for the reply.

I am very sorry but I am unable to assist you with it.

1. We provide a basic set of field in the BuddyPress Xprofile Cusotm Field Types
    2. BuddyBoss adds the repeater option. BuddyPress does not have any repeater option.
    3. We don’t get any assistance from BuddyBoss support on what needs to be done to make it compatible.

Since their support does not have any recommendation, It seems they want us to investigate their code and then update our code. At the moment, we lack the time to look in BuddyBoss’s implemnetation.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Xpher on #46237

Hi there,

I’m now trying via buddyforms & ACF. If this doesn’t work either, then I’m cancelling buddyboss.

Really appreciate your feedback & follow-up so far!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46248

Hi Xpher,
    Thank you.

I am very sorry that i wasn’t able to help you with this use case. I wish you all the best and hope it works. I wish that the BuddyBoss support did a little more to guide us in resolving it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved