BuddyDev

Search

xprofile search

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    giuseppe on #43529

Hello,

is there a way to search xprofile.

Example, I have a User with field “province” “roma” but if I write “roma” in search field it does not appear.

Many thanks,

Giuseooe

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43531

Hi Giuseooe,
    The xprofile fields are searchable by default.

If they are not being searched, is there any chance that you are using some privacy plugins for users? That may be affecting the result.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    giuseppe on #43581
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43601
  • Participant
    giuseppe on #43613
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43643
  • Participant
    giuseppe on #43649

Hi,

so there is no kind of solution in all BuddyDev to have a rifined way for a member research?

What the scope of all those plugin if the very base of using a member community, finding each of them according to different Xfield, is not possible?

This sounds very strange to me because this missing point reveals all the other plugins unuseful because a community cannot be considered like a big mess of members distinguishable only by names.

Probably I need another set of plugins, closer to the real use of buddypress.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43670

Hi Giuseppe,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

At BuddyDev we offer some of the solutions for specific needs of building community with BuddyPress. While I agree that search is important for the community, we do not offer a solution for search.

Our reason for not offering search is the profile field search in BuddyPress(if you need a complex search over multiple fields) is not efficient and the better solution for larger sites will be to index and use elastic search or something similar.

Offering a search which is not efficient will be more problematic than a real solution. That’s why we don’t offer it yet. If we did plan to offer one, we will be specifying the limitations.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved