BuddyDev

Search

Xprofile Tag field

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Christopher Daw on #41078

I’m finding the Tag field from BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types isn’t displaying properly with Buddyboss Theme. I have default tags entered, but the field is displaying as if there are no default tags and therefore not giving enough space to scroll through them. I’ve tried it in other themes and it’s displaying fine (the field is expanding to allow for proper viewing of the entered tags). What can I do to fix this or further troubleshoot?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41079

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

since the issue only happens with BuddyBoss theme, Please report it to the BuddyBoss team. They are in a better position to assist you with it.

I am assuming that it could be some css issue.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Christopher Daw on #41088

Quick to respond, thanks so much for that. I figured that would be the case so I’ll reach out to buddyboss.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41091

Thank you Christopher.

Please do let me know their feedback if they have some suggestions to change something in the plugin.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Christopher Daw on #41093

I was able to figure out the addition CSS I could add to fix the problem. The problem was due to repeater sets (not sure why) but when I added this, it set the container large enough to allow for scrolling through my default tags.

.select2-container--default .select2-selection--multiple {
    	width:16em;
    }

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41095

Thank you Christopher.

I hope it will help others. I am not sure of the reason as I haven’t checked it with BuddyBoss theme.

Anyway, It’s good to know that it is resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Christopher Daw on #41097

Is there a way to take these tags and add them to any comment or post or message in Buddypress? What would be great is if someone could notify everyone with a particular profile tag of an update (kinda like a mention with @username). What would also be great is being able to drop-down search anyone in the members directory who has one of these tags attached to their profile (like a multi-select checkbox field). The reason I’d like to use the tag field over any of the other fields is because tags allow for users to add their own identifiers.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41117

Hi Christopher,
    Thank you for the question.

1. No, These tags are not available for comments or activity.

2. The ability to search looks interesting and I can add support for Andrea’s BP Profile search plugin. I will need 1-2 weeks to have some free time to add this though.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Christopher Daw on #41127

That would be awesome. I looked into that plugin hoping it would find the tags.
    A workaround for the taging activity or comments would be to use the tags as a condition for auto joing a group using the BuddyPress Auto Join Groups. Are tags one of the matching fields?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41164

Hi Christopher ,
    Thank you.

I am very sorry but I do not understand the correlation between the user tags and content tags. I assume these are different things. Please help me understand it a bit better.

The tag field was introduced recently and It is not yet supported in Auto Jon Groups. We will add it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved