I’ve copied the register.php code but it is not working fully.
Here are my steps so far.
1. Created child theme “astra-child”
2. Copied register.php into astra-child/page-register2.php
3. my-site.com/register2 now loads fully only if I change
<?php if ( 'request-details' === bp_get_current_signup_step() ) : ?>to
<?php if ( true ) : ?>. Otherwise only changes outside the if will show.
How do I get the
bp_get_current_signup_step()to work so the form displays.
Ah, this gives me 2 questions. I know a little about actions/filters, but still a little fuzzy on how pages load in WordPress.
1. What does buddypress first call when a user navigates to mysite.com/register, or even if they go to a random page like mysite.com/register22. I feel like this is important for me to understand. What’s the first .php to run or file to run?
2. I tried copying the register.php into my child themes root folder, but the page only showed blank. I followed an old post and moved it to child-theme/buddypress/members and worked. What’s preventing me from directly putting it into my child-theme root folder?