- Horton on April 20, 2016 at 10:31 pm in reply to: Gallery Details Page Description Field Doesn't Save Shortcodes #3661
Thanks for working on this…
1. I can confirm when I post a shortcode in Activity that it also disappears. Seems it IS a Buddypress issue.
2. Yes, I think for the members that are adding and editing images OR when editing a specific gallery’s Details tab, I think some less techy folks may get confused when they type
Here is my info
but when they save, they see
<p>Here is my info</p>
I think if it worked like the WP Post Visual or Text editor or was just plain text area, that’d probably be better.
Thanks so much-
- Horton on April 18, 2016 at 7:52 pm in reply to: Gallery Details Page Description Field Doesn't Save Shortcodes #3578
Hi there, just touching base. Any luck? I know it doesn’t work like a normal text area because after folks save descriptions the field shows <p> and such so I know it may take a bit to get working. Appreciate you looking into it.
- Horton on April 13, 2016 at 5:39 pm in reply to: Gallery Details Page Description Field Doesn't Save Shortcodes #3491
Great, appreciate it!
- Horton on April 12, 2016 at 1:45 pm in reply to: Gallery Details Page Description Field Doesn't Save Shortcodes #3483
Thanks for looking into it!
- Horton on April 11, 2016 at 6:15 pm in reply to: Gallery Details Page Description Field Doesn't Save Shortcodes #3461
Sorry, I didn’t mean for the images to get inserted here in my example.. and it’s not letting me edit my post right now to remove them.
The example I used is from this page:
When we save the Description field, the only thing that appears in the description field is the text in between open and closing shortcode brackets. The shortcode itself doesn’t save – it removes the [shortcode info within open and close brackets] and only leaves what is in between the open and closing brackets and so can not do what any given shortcode should.
PLAIN TEXT EXAMPLE:
[shortcode info here] here is text inside a shortcode [/shortcode info here]
here is text inside a shortcode
- Horton on March 21, 2016 at 12:52 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Images appear in gallery/gallery-name/manage/edit.. not in gallery/gallery-name #3105
Just touching base. Any luck?
- Horton on March 11, 2016 at 7:06 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Images appear in gallery/gallery-name/manage/edit.. not in gallery/gallery-name #2967
I’m working with Paul on this project and thought I’d chime in with more details as I’ve configured most of the plugins. We’re 95% there for the entire site’s functionality. Galleries are working great in every case except for this special gallery and would love to get this final piece of the puzzle settled….we’re SO close. 🙂
WHAT THIS GALLERY IS:
Trailer Gallery: Public Gallery – Anyone can view whether logged in or not
It’s images are to be imported from a custom Buddypress Profile field, $field_content_trailer_image
MORE ON WHERE THE IMAGES COME FROM:
Unlike most galleries, people will not be uploading these trailer images into a specific gallery themselves.
Paid Members have a BuddyPress profile and can upload a Trailer Image to their profile in the custom Buddypress field named $field_content_trailer_image.
This Trailer Gallery should then display every Member’s trailer image if they’ve added one to their $field_content_trailer_image profile field
WHAT PUBLIC IS SEEING WITH CODE AS IT IS NOW:
From the main /photo-gallery/ page, we DO see the Thumbnail. If we click on the thumbnail, we get the popup that lets you click < and > to scroll thru the Trailer Gallery Images. We see them, this page looks / behaves normally.
However, if we click on the links below the thumbnail, the Gallery name or View… we are taken to the Gallery page at /gallery/trailer-gallery and instead of seeing the thumbnails of the individual gallery images like we see on other Public Sitewide Galleries, we get to the url at /gallery/trailer-gallery which says “Nothing to see here!” which is the message the plugin shows when there are no images in a Gallery. We see the thumbs on the main /photo-gallery page and can scroll thru them in the popup on that page so we know we’re ALMOST there…
WHEN VIEWING THE GALLERY LIST PAGE IN BACKEND:
on the page /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=mpp-gallery
All galleries show a Count in the Media column except for the Trailer Gallery which shows a count of 0. (even though the thumbnail and popup viewer works on /photo-gallery/)
Seems like they’re ALMOST there but the images aren’t fully recognized by MediaPress when setting up a gallery this way.
I JUST NOTICED – THIS MAY BE AN ISSUE
in comment #2922, you said
1. Please visit the MediaPress->All Galleries in the dashboard and then click on edit Gallery for the gallery having issues
2. Visit The edit Media tab, is it showing correct status? Status of the gallery?
3. Try clicking save/update under the media list and does that make it visible on the front end?
When I go to All Galleries in backend and click Edit Gallery for the Trailer Gallery OR ANY GALLERY FOR THAT MATTER, once the edit screen loads, if I click on the Add Media, Edit Details or Edit Media tab in the Gallery Admin section the url at the top of the screen changes but nothing happens, page doesn’t load or show new info. We also don’t seee any thumbnails or details like I now see from the screenshots on your website, should appear on any Gallery’s Edit screen.
- This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Horton. Reason: Noticed All Galleries Edit Screens don't show thumbs or allow us to click on Add Media, Edit Details or Edit Media
- Horton on March 7, 2016 at 5:11 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Gallery Shortcode Pages – Pagination 1 2 3 etc Built In? #2932
Great, pagination working like a champ.
- Horton on February 23, 2016 at 5:42 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Gallery Shortcode Pages – Pagination 1 2 3 etc Built In? #2727
Sorry to expand while you’re looking at this but another possible approach that may already be built in… does the Public Gallery template that includes the Search Galleries and Filter at the top show pagination? I assumed it did but now this thread has me thinking it may not be.
In addition to fixing the pagination, I’ve now been asked to see if our OTHER gallery pages (not the ones on Member Page or Group Page) that currently use the shortcodes to display the galleries could look like the Public Gallery with the Search at top. Is there a template that can be cloned and tweaked to allow that?
OUR SETUP EXAMPLE:
We have the Public Gallery with Search at top in our main menu
If someone is logged in, under the Public Gallery in main menu, they’ll also see links for:
ALL SITE GALLERIES – Shows both Member Only and Public Sitewide, Member and Group Galleries.
SITEWIDE MEMBERS GALLERY – Shows both Member Only and Public Sitewide Galleries
MEMBER GALLERIES – Galleries from Our Members set to status Logged in Users Only
GROUPS GALLERY – Groups Galleries are Open for Viewing to All Logged In Members, Not Just Their Group
If each of those pages could use the same layout as the Public Gallery template, that’d be great and if that Public Gallery Template includes pagination, even better.
- Horton on February 23, 2016 at 5:01 pm in reply to: [Resolved] Members need Logged In Users ONLY / Privacy Default Status Only Works on Backend #2720
Exactly what I needed, works great, thanks much!
- This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Horton.