Update(date: 26th November, 2010): The stable version of BP gallery is available now, Please check this post for more details http://buddydev.com/buddypress/introducing-the-first-stable-version-of-bp-gallery-for-buddypress
Update(date: 3rd April 2010): The RC4 of Bp-Gallery is available now in the forums. It works with Buddypress 1.2.3+ and WordPress/wpmu 2.9+ The stable release will follow in the coming week.
Thanks you all for the patience and your support. I am glad to announce the public beta of Buddypress Gallery plugin which I promised months ago. Yes, It is there, It is flexible, It is extensible.
The Bp-Gallery comes with the support of User galleries/Group galleries. It can be extended to allow galleries with any components, be it the events module or any other module. I will show you after Erwin releases the bp-events , how can it be extended.
Do not forget, It supports Audio/video/photo gallery and you have options(as a site Admin) to turn them on/off.
List of Features Which is currently supported in beta:
- User Gallery
- Video Gallery support
- Audio gallery Support
- Photo gallery support
- Unlimited Audio/video/photo Gallery per user
- Upload as many files as you want(if the site admin permits of course and the space limit is not exhausted)
- Set the gallery/media privacy(photo/audio/video) to be public/private/friends only
- Streamlined lined Media Commenting. Comment in activity stream/single media page. they are all streamlined to be one.
- Completely Ajaxified Creation of gallery
- Multiple uploads using swfupload plugin for jquery
- Groups Gallery
- Group Gallery Support
- Admin/mods can create galleries for group
- Any member of a group can upload to the gallery
- Privacy for Gallery/media as above described in users gallery
- Activity Commenting.
- Site Admin
- Limit Which gallery types are allowed(Photo/Video/audio)
- Set the Thumbnail size/Mid size Image size/Full Image size in admin
- Limit the maximum upload space
- Limit the Maximum file size allowed to be uploaded
- Theme the Gallery
Well, someone said, a picture says a thousand words. so I will show here the gallery at action
Let us start with the basic.
Once gallery is activated and “gallery” template is moved to bp-default theme, you can view your profile to see the gallery at work.
It should look like this
here is how the gallery Home should look like after you created some galleries and uploaded images/videos.
Now, I will show an example of Photo gallery
And here is a video gallery
Some screen shots of uploading now
Please Note, This is a premium plugin and you can download it instantly after joining our premium club. Just click access buddydev premium link on the top and you will be redirected to the joining page.
So, Go ahead, register for a buddydev premium membership and download gallery now. The membership not only gives you access to gallery but may other premium plugins and our upcoming theme and not to mention the forums, a great place for asking questions/support.
Plugin Page: http://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-gallery/
Download gallery RC4 from here
and Please read Installation Instructions here
Looking forward to see you in forums soon
- Pretty Photo Gallery plugin for Bp-Gallery
- Introducing Bp-gallery Rc4 for Buddypress: Time to get stable in next week now :)
- Bp Gallery: The ultimate photo gallery for your buddypress powered site
- Introducing the first Stable Version of Bp-Gallery for BuddyPress
- BP Chat Beta 3: Fixing all bugs and a few new features