Today, I am glad to introduce the new, reworked and rewritten version of BuddyPress Sitewide Activity Widget. BuddyPress 1.2 had dropped it and some of you may remember, I had put a port of it for Cosmic Buddy Theme for buddypress 1.2
I am on the verge of releasing our very awesome theme BP Mag in just a matter of hours/days and so I was working for a few new widgets while Chris pointed me about this one.
I reworked on the Widget, re wrote it for BuddyPress 1.2 and here it is for you.
What It does
The BuddyPress Sitewide Activity Widget brings back the sitewide activity widget for you. You can now show the activities as a widget.
and Here is the widget settings
- Download the file from here http://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-sitewide-activity-widget/
- Unzip it
bp-swa-widgetdirectory to your
- Login to wordpress admin.
- Go to Dashboard->Plugins->Installed
- Enable the plugin “Buddypress Sitewide Activity widget”, Activate the plugin sitewide if you want to use it sitewide.
- Go to Appearance->Widgets and add the “Sitewide Activity Widget” to your theme.
- Get a cup of coffee and test the Plugin
Alternatively, you can install the plugin by using the plugin browser.
The plugin does not ship with css file. It will take the css from your theme if you have the standard naming for the activity elements.
You my need to modify few things in your css though for making the layout of activity filters horizontal
Yes, It is ajaxified for paged loading for activity and paging understands the current filter.
Now it’s time for you to test the plugin and leave your awesome comments here
Keep yourself tuned for our upcoming 3-4 more plugins this weekend.
And yes, do not forget to let me know the improvements you want in this plugin.