Today, I am really happy to put the update for BuddyBlog plugin. First of all, I will like to thank you all for the tremendous response to BuddyBlog plugin. This update fixes a ton of issues and adds a few features.
- Fixes delete post issue from front end
- Fixes Pagination issue on profile page
- Fixes Page title for BuddyBlog Pages(Single/Archive pages)
- Adds post count in the profile menu
- Adds a trick to open edit page if you click on the title of a post which is not yet published
- Now, my-posts slug name can be changed via custom slug
- Adds Custom permalink support to single post view on profile ( You can enable post slug instead of post id on single post page)
- And some more cleanup here and there.
If you are just starting with BuddyBlog, please read my release post here.
Custom permalinks using slug:-
Customizing Permalinks & Slugs:-
By default, the plugin keeps the old permalink structure(e.g http://example.com/members/username/buddyblog/my-posts/post_id), If you want to change that to something like this http://example.com/members/com/blog/posts/some-nice-looking-post-name, you can do that.
Using the slugs in permalink:-
Please put the following line in your bp-custim.php
add_filter( 'buddyblog_use_slug_in_permalink', '__return_true' );
To change the main slug from buddyblog to say just blog, you can define as below
define( 'BP_BUDDYBLOG_SLUG', 'blog' );
To change the sub action slug 'my-posts' to say 'posts' you can use following:-,
define( 'BUDDYBLOG_ARCHIVE_SLUG', 'posts' );
Download & Installation:-
Please do share your feedback and further suggestions in the comments below.