This document is aimed for our members who are using our paid theme and looking to upgrade to 2.0.
There is a major difference between the old and the new theme. We have renamed the theme folder. The old theme was named “community-builder” while the new is “community-builder-pro“.
This change in name makes the automatic update from 1.x to 2.x manual. It will only take 1-2 minutes to upgrade though.
Steps to upgrade:-
- Download Community Builder Pro 2.x from your Account->Membership->Themes page. You will get a file named community-builder-pro-2.x.x.zip(x.x is version number e.g community-builder-pro-2.0.0.zip)
- Login to your site as Site Admin
- Visit Dashboard->Appearance->Themes
- Click “Add New”
- Click “Upload”
- Select the community-builder-pro-2.x.x.zip(where x.x are version numbers eg. 2.0.0) and upload.
- That’s it. you have installed the new theme.
- Before you activate, We recommend using Child Theme to keep your changes without loosing them between theme upgrades in future. If you activated, child theme, skip the below steps.
- If you do not want to use the child theme, Activate “Community Builder Pro”
- Congratulations. You have got the super powerful community theme for BuddyPress. Explore the possibilities by visiting “Appearance-> Customize”