Welcome to BuddyPress User Badges Custom Badges Guide:-
Any number of custom badges can be created and assign to user. This is a good feature if there is any need to have custom badges like footballer that be assigning to member with interest in football or anyhow attached to it. If user list with this badges can be identify as footballer easily.
Under Users > Badges tab in admin. When user click on this submenu of user section. They will see 3 sections of Custom, Role and Member type based badges Role and Member type will see if enabled in the settings.
Click on Custom Badges tabs. A following form will open to add new custom badges
- Is Active: If checked only then this custom badge will be available to assign and show on fronend. Site admin can disable any custom badge just unchecked this option and it will remove form all places.
- Name*: Name field is required while creating a new badge.
- Slug*: Slug also required while creating a new badge. Also it is necessary to have unique slug among custom badges.
- Description: Description field will tell us about the badge. Enter the short description of the badge.
- Link: Link is for linking badge to the url. This link will attach with the badge image.
- Image*: Image field also required while creating a custom badge. User can modify it later as well.
Assigning Custom Badges To Users:-
This section will explain how to attach custom badges with the users.
To attach custom badges to the user. First we need to navigate on edit user screen in admin section. There is new section with Title Badges. Under this section there is a list of Active custom badges with checkbox.
By checking the checkbox and save user details. These custom badges will be assigned to the user and will show with user name on frontend.