I am pleased to announce the release of version 2.0 of our BuddyPress Live Notifications plugin. Since the plugin's initial release, there have been numerous improvements in WordPress & BuddyPress. BuddyPress got an independent notifications component and the heartbeat api was introduced in WordPress long ago.
The current release is a complete rewrite of BuddyPress Live Notifications plugin to tap into these features and provide better performance with more flexibility for theme authors.
- As the name says, It shows facebook like real time live notification to the users on BuddyPress based social network
What is new:-
- Complete rewrite of the code.
- Using the features of BuddyPress notifications component(which was introduced around BuddyPress 1.9.0 )
- Uses WordPress heartbeat api instead of long ajax polling for performance reasons( and has much better performance than the older one)
- Allows theme authors to change the notifying mechanism, all you need to override is the notify method of the bpln object
Download & Installation:-
You can Download it from
WordPress.org Repo: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-live-notification/
Or BuddyDev(both are same): https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-live-notification/
Here is your reward. I created an example plugin to show how to replace the notify window with another and here is a screenshot showing that in action. I have replaced the packaged notification window with the jquery notice plugin.
Live Growl using jQuery Notice:- https://github.com/sbrajesh/bp-live-notification-example-module
I hope that the new plugin will add more value to your site. Cheers for the next step towards a better social site 🙂