BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] (1) "Hide Last Active" (2) "Hiding Profile" using BP Profile Visibility Manager

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Khalid Mian on #8825

Hi Brajesh,

I just purchased and installed “BP Profile Visibility Manager”. It’s a great plugin but I just need a little help.

I’ve been using “Simple Buddypress Profile Privacy” plugin by Justin Hansen for a while. This plugin works perfectly fine for me and my users except for one thing: it doesn’t allow hiding the “last active” notification on the profile page.

I read the features of your plugin and also viewed the screenshots. It says, “If you enable, It will not show when the user was last active”.

I purchased “BP Profile Visibility Manager” plugin only to add the above mentioned functionality. However, I see that instead of hiding that message, it substitutes it with “Not recently active”. This new message creates an unpleasant impression for the member because it’s incorrect in most cases. Further, it’s damaging for the site because over sometime a lot of members will appear as not active at all.

Kindly guide me how I can just remove the “Last Active” message without substituting it with some other message.

SECOND QUESTION

While using “Simple Buddypress Profile Privacy” my visitors enjoyed a very nice functionality. If a members hides profile then the visitors can still click his name in the Members List and come to his profile page where his Profile Picture and Cover Image are visible BUT all content below the menu is hidden and it says: “Friends Only” or “Logged In Members Only” etc.

You’ve clearly mentioned in the features that in case of a hidden profile the visitor can’t go to the profile page at all, therefore, if this behavior can’t be changed then I’ve absolutely no complaint. BUT if it’s possible to send the visitors to the profile page but hide the content then please let me know how to do that. I’ll be very grateful because I did like things that way.

Regards,

Khalid Mian

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #8920

Hi Khalid,
    Thank you for purchasing the plugin.

1. I believe we made it sometime in the process. please allow me to update the plugin and hide it completely again today.

2. We have been planning to add more modular structure and we may be interested in doing it like the simple privacy in future. Let me take a look at it today and I will let you know if we can accommodate it in today’s update or not.

PS:- will be replying back in evening IST.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #8937

Hi Khalid,
    My apology for the delayed reply.
    we have got the “Not recently active” part fixed and now it hides that completely.

I am looking at the Simple profile privacy now and will update you in an hour if we can have those features. I will be pushing the release after that.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Khalid Mian on #9066

Hi Brajesh,

Any update?

Regards,

Khalid Mian

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9073

Hi Khalid,
    I am sorry I could not update you earlier.

Please upgrade to 1.5.0 now
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-profile-visibility-manager/

1. It has the last activity issue fixed
    2. We have also added the option to enable showing the protected message on user profile(As you wanted it). Please Visit settings->General and enable it.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] (1) "Hide Last Active" (2) "Hiding Profile" using BP Profile Visibility Manager’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved