BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Add more than 1 Single Member Type

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Walter on #4583

Hello, I’m creating a directory for a networking group using BP Xprofile Member Type Field and I was wondering if it was possible to add more than 1 member type dropdown? I added in 2 dropdowns but the user is only showing in 1.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4584

Hi Walter,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.
    Yes, you can have multiple field but it will not be of any use. The problem is we are syncing actual member type with the field data, so the last field will win and have the user’s member type set as that.

Please see the image here
    https://i.imgur.com/DJTHtKS.png

PS: BuddyPress does allows user to have multiple member type, but this plugin does not support it.

Hope that clarifies.

• Participant
    Walter on #4596

Hi Yogi, thank you for the reply! Could you possibly recommend a solution that would allow for multiple member types?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4600

Hi Walter,
    Can you please tell me the purpose in detail;s. It will be easier and better to do it via custom code(I will help with that). I just need to know the purpose.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Walter on #4619

Well, like I mentioned above I’m creating a networking group. Some people’s companies fit into more than one category (member type), for example the company I work for would fit into Web Design and Video Production because we do both, so I need multiple options so that people can have their profile show up in the correct category (member type). I have about 200 different categories/member types to choose from, but as of right now the user can only select one and be included in that.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4627

Thank you.

Will multi select/multiple checkbox work for you? Still, we can’t have multiple fields(using any existing solution as member types can be either set or appended and the plugin will not know whatto do, may override the other fields data).

If multiple select does not work, I can suggest some other strategy.

• Participant
    Jason on #9804

Hi Brajesh,

Can your BuddyPress Member Types Pro plugin be adapted to do this via select2 multiselect box? I need to assign multiple member types to my users.

Thanks!

~jason

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9815

Hi Jason,
    Thank you for asking. we can easily update the plugin to allow multiple member types. I will add that as an option on the field screen and will let you know.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9831

Hi Jason,
    The BuddyPress Member Types pro plugin now supports multiple member types assignment to the user. You can use the Multi Member Type field(which is included with the plugin) to do that.

https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-member-types-pro/

It allows you to show the options ans checkbox/multiselect box and you can control whether users can change their member type after registration or not.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Jason on #9837

You’re the best!

Thanks so much!

Purchasing now.

~jason

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Add more than 1 Single Member Type’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved