BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Add Private Message button to Profile Pages

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Princy Cromacio on #41567

Hey There,
    I Have Gone Through These Posts- https://buddydev.com/add-send-private-message-button-in-members-directory-on-a-buddypress-network/ & https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-add-custom-buttons-to-buddypress-profile-page/ Tried Combing Them, But I Was Failed though.

I Need to Add A Button to Send Private Message on Single Members Profile Page, as My Theme Replaces the Button with Their Own Messenger Button, Linking to A Diff Page, which Isn’t Mobile Friendly at all.
    Tried Contacting Theme Owner, but Didn’t Got Any Response Even After 6 Days.
    Thought to Try out My Luck Here 🙂

I Have Few Buttons, Those Were Added Despite of Theme Conflicts. https://prnt.sc/1zfnolo
    Looking to Replace the Button Seen Here With the Standard Buddypress Private Message Button.

Thanks In Advance 🙂
    Cromacio

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41577

Hello Princy,

Thank you for posting here. What is the issue you are facing with the private message button?. Also, Let me know which theme you are using with which BuddyPress template pack.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Princy Cromacio on #41579
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41585
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Princy Cromacio on #41591

Hi Ravi,

Thanks For This, I Thought I Shouldn’t be Expecting to Get Any Help Regarding Theme.
    It’s A Lot More than Expected. Thank You 🙂

I Have Shared the Original Theme Files Archive.

Thank You,
    Cromacio

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41596

Hello Princy,

Thank you for sharing. I will check and will update you.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41625

Hello Princy,

I have checked and it seems Metafans has lots of static methods call to the non-static methods which are throwing lots of fatal errors on my local server with PHP 8.0 so I am unable to debug this further. I have asked @sbrajesh to look at it.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Princy Cromacio on #41626

Hi Ravi,

Thank You
    I Get Errors when Running on Php 8.0 too, But It Does Works Fine when Using 7.4 Except for A Single Geolocation Error caused by the Messenger Plugin. Don’t Know Surely if those are Due to Php Version though

Thank You for Looking into This 🙂
    Cromacio

• Participant
    Princy Cromacio on #41666

Hi,
    I Tried Figuring this Out, but I’m Still Stuck up with This.
    Maybe I Could Try using BP Better Messages instead?

echo do_shortcode( '[bp_better_messages_pm_button text="Message" target="_self" class="extra-class" fast_start="0"]' );

Can I Use this Code to Add A Button at Members Profile Pages instead? Or Maybe I Could Directly Use the Shortcode?

Even do Let Me Know How is this Even Achievable (Adding Button at Profile’s Cover Section)

Thanks,
    Cromacio

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41672

Hi Cromacio,
    I am sorry, I could not check the hooks available with your theme. I will do it sometimes today and assist you with the code.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved