BuddyDev

Search

Any known sliders/slideshows that work with MediaPress specific galleries?

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Shannon Belletti on #29015

Sorry to hijack, but since you mentioned MPP Light Gallery… does it also support displaying author/comments sidebar like the default Lightbox? I love how it looks but need this functionality. 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29036

Hi Shannon,
    I will ask @ravisharma to provide more details. He is in a better position to reply here.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #29064

Hello Shannon,

MediaPress Light gallery only support media to be view in slide view. It does not allow to show comments as default lightbox.

Regards
    Ravi

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Ravi.
  • Participant
    Shannon Belletti on #29066

Is there a way to choose which lightbox can be used? I’d like the Light Gallery to be used for all Public Sitewide galleries, but then use the lightbox that allows comments to be used for all member-only galleries. Is this possible?

Alternatively, can you enable/disable comment box in the default lightbox for different galleries?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #29072

Hello Shannon,

MediaPress offer different lightbox settings under MediaPress setting theming tab. It allows to disable comments in lightbox but not offer for different galleries. Please have look at the section.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Shannon Belletti on #29075

Yeah, I’ve gone through all of those. Doesn’t meet our needs. We don’t want any galleries that the public sees to have the big comment box as they are for display only. But the members’ galleries should have them. Any custom coding I can add to enable this?

• Participant
    Sam McClellan on #29260

Hi – I am checking back in, any progress?

Thanks,
    Sam

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #29314

Hello Sam,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Please download the latest version of MediaPress Light Gallery from github also there is some change in MediaPress as well please download it form github as well.

You can list media into lightgallery form different galleries using a shortcode. For example.

[mpp-list-media view=light-gallery galleries=246,272,278]

Please give it a shot and let me know if it works or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Shannon Belletti on #29317

Will it be possible to do this by component and not individual gallery? We create LOTS of sitewide galleries for online photo competitions so updating this manually with specific gallery ID is not feasible.

Ideally, we’d want to enable the default Lightbox with commenting for our “sitewide” galleries and then the Light-Gallery for all other “member” galleries.

Can you confirm this is possible?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #29320

Hello Shannon,

Yes, It can be easlily achieveable using settings. You can select default view under MediaPress Settings > Sitewide gallery tab set photo gallery view to default and under MediaPress Settings > Members gallery tab select light gallery view. Please give it a shot and let me know.

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved