BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Auto Join groups doesn’t work

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Hugo Callens on #36863

I set up a checkbox field where as part of the extended registration profile a new user can check one or more groups to join automatically on registration. As a condition to join a group I set ‘groups equal to [group slug] but this doesn’t work.

What exactly do I have to fill in this field if not the slug? I guess I cannot input the real name because this name contains spaces and uppercase letters.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #36883

Hello Hugo,

Thank you for posting. Try using the value which is saving in database table and Give it a shot.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Hugo Callens on #36889

Hi Ravi,

This doesn’t help me a lot. The database table mentions group name and group slug. Group name doesn’t work, but neither does the slug.

Regards

Hugo

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #36901

Hello Hugo,

Can you please point me to the site so that I can help you with the value you can use?. Also, Let me know if “Groups” is a xprofile field or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36902

Hi Hugo,
    I am sorry, the plugin does not work that way. It seems @ravisharma got confused with something else.

I understand that you are trying to map a field value to group. This plugin will only allow that if you create multiple lists(1 list per value).

Even though it is a simple requirement that Field Value matches the Group name, join to group, our rules do not allow that.

Our rules need the the group List to be a static(pre specified list).

So, here is what you can do.

1. Create 1 list per group
    2. For each List, Select One group in the list
    2. For each list, add condition on your checkbox field with the Group Name as value(I am assuming you used this in the checkbox item name).

and repeat the above process.

We are planning dynamic group joining in our future version where the source can be different than the xprofile.

If you want, I can ask Ravi to put a few lines of code to achieve this customization without creating any list.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Hugo Callens on #36921

Hello Brajesh,
    Thank you for your explanation.

This is what I’ve done for each of my 3 groups: I created 3 lists, one per group, and set the group slug as condition. Groepen = xProfile radio field. But it doesn’t work…
    Or should it be the group name (with capital letters and spaces)?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mwn874a54nkvaq/group-list.png?dl=0

• Participant
    Hugo Callens on #36922
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36927

Hi Hugo,
    Thank you.

1. Please visit The lists page and edit a list.
    2. Then in the condition Operator, please select “In”
    3. In the condition value, Please copy the value of your checkbox name e.g “Goupe de Soutien (FR)”

The value should match the checkbox label.

Now, if a user ticks this checkbox, they will be added to the group you specify for this condition.

For multi valued field(Checkbox, multiselect), we sugegst using IN/Not In instead of the “Equalto/Not equal to”

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Hugo Callens on #36954

Hi Brajesh,

OK, I edited my group lists accordingly.
    Now I would like to trigger the auto subscription when the user role changes from pending to subscriber (The client wants to review new applications before approving a new member and giving access to the group). I set the plugin to “User account activation” and On profile update”. Is this the right setting to achieve this?

Regards
    Hugo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36967

Hi Hugo,
    Thank you.

1. I am not sure if you are using a 3rd party plugin to manage pending registration or you are referring to non-activated account as pending.

From the above setting, as soon as the account is activated or edited(for existing account), They will join the group.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Auto Join groups doesn’t work’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved