BuddyDev

Search

Automatically deactivate users if they have not been active for more than 6 mont

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Miriam on #19373

Hi all,

one question / suggestion:
    is there a possibility to deactivate users automatically, if they are not active for more than 6 month? I would like to write an automatic e-mail to users who have not logged in for a long time. I would like to announce that the account will be deactivated if they do not log in within the next 7 days.

Is it possible to use the “Deactivate Users” plugin for this or to combine it with another plugin?

Many greetings
    Miriam

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Graham Hoffman on #19379

I love this idea, I could use it myself –

bulk deactivate, email and delete users who have been inactive for so long.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19380

Hi Miriam, Graham,

Thank you.

The deactivate plugin had a different purpose when we originally developed it. But it has been evolving based on feedback.

We can not include the whole email/reminder in the deactivate account but we can add the option for timed deactivation in future for sure.

Currently, we do have a free addon for the deactivate account to auto re activate account after certain number of days(opposite of what you are looking for).

https://github.com/buddydev/bp-deactivate-account-addon

I will be exploring the idea of reminder. I believe there exists a plugin for that.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved