BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Blog Categories For Groups and Custom Taxonomies

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Ada on #3103

Hi Brajesh,

a few months back you helped me with some custom code for default category and inclusion of custom taxonomy using SFEP. This involved some hard coding the core and a few functions to make it work. As both Blog Categories for Groups and Simple Front-End Post plugins have now been updated I spend many days to port all the old code into the new versions of these plugins which seem to have gone through major upgrade. In short, I gave up and stuck with the old versions. However, I just came across a recent post (#post-3057) where you have provided a solution where there would be no need for changes to the code. It seems to work, however, only with the default category and not custom taxonomies (which do have terms). Is the custom taxonomy part work in progress or is there another step to take to have the default category and a selected custom taxonomy term assigned to a post? Must appreciate your advice on this.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3107

Hi Ada,
    Welcome back.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please allow me to look a little more into the issue and will get back to you. The custom taxonomy should have worked out of the box, if it is not, I am going to look into the issue and post the update.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3108

Hi Ada,
    do you want to retain the anonymous post functionality? Also, can you please post the code you have in your bp-custom.php

Please post it on pastebin and I will update accordingly.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ada on #3114

Thank you very much Brajesh for your kind assistance. To rule out any other plugin conflict I installed the updated plugins on fresh WP/BP installation with only necessary plugins the theme requires. The issue persists. As you asked I have the content of the bp-custom.php here: http://pastebin.com/5i0X8cbr

And yes, please the anonymous post is very important to me and have had some issues with it as well as described here: http://pastebin.com/5ic4DJr2

Many thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3118

Hi Ada,
    Thank you.

I will be away for some time now. Will check a little bit late and then post back the code.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ada on #3251

Thanks Brajesh for staying on top of things. Just wondering if you had a chance to look at these issues?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3292

Hi Ada,
    Please give us 2 more day. The plugin needs an update and then I will post the code.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ada on #3341

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you very much for your reply. I’ll wait for the plugin update.

I also see that the pastebin you requested as a history for the original anonymous code you provided has now expired. Do you want me to re-instate the link?

Many thanks.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #3346

Hi Ada,

Brajesh sir is away now. He will get back to you soon.

Thank You
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3360

Hi Ada,
    Thank you. Can you please restore it again today?

Thank you
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Blog Categories For Groups and Custom Taxonomies’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved