Tagged: Custom Taxonomies
a few months back you helped me with some custom code for default category and inclusion of custom taxonomy using SFEP. This involved some hard coding the core and a few functions to make it work. As both Blog Categories for Groups and Simple Front-End Post plugins have now been updated I spend many days to port all the old code into the new versions of these plugins which seem to have gone through major upgrade. In short, I gave up and stuck with the old versions. However, I just came across a recent post (#post-3057) where you have provided a solution where there would be no need for changes to the code. It seems to work, however, only with the default category and not custom taxonomies (which do have terms). Is the custom taxonomy part work in progress or is there another step to take to have the default category and a selected custom taxonomy term assigned to a post? Must appreciate your advice on this.
I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please allow me to look a little more into the issue and will get back to you. The custom taxonomy should have worked out of the box, if it is not, I am going to look into the issue and post the update.
Thank you very much Brajesh for your kind assistance. To rule out any other plugin conflict I installed the updated plugins on fresh WP/BP installation with only necessary plugins the theme requires. The issue persists. As you asked I have the content of the bp-custom.php here: http://pastebin.com/5i0X8cbr
And yes, please the anonymous post is very important to me and have had some issues with it as well as described here: http://pastebin.com/5ic4DJr2
The topic ‘ [Resolved] Blog Categories For Groups and Custom Taxonomies’ is closed to new replies.