BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Blog Categories for Groups – show new post in group activity?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    r08 on #36729

Blog Categories for Groups – Is the group activity supposed to display that a new blog post was posted?

I created a blog post and checked the category that is linked to a related group. The blog post shows up in the group’s blog tab. It is working.

I checked the global activity stream and the group activity stream. I see the activity in the global stream but not in the group stream. Is this the default behavious? I thought it would also show up in the group stream, does it not?

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #36731

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I will check it on my end and will update you.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #36758

Hello,

I have tested this on my server and it seems to work fine. Please take a look at the following screenshot.

https://tinyurl.com/y98uxwu7

Please share your screenshots.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    r08 on #36780

By the way, I created my blog posts from the admin pages. As I understand that should work, I mean I don’t have to use the other plugin that lets you post from the group front end.

• Participant
    r08 on #36782
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    r08 on #36783
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36803

Hi,
    The plugin needs the group id to mark the feed for group. If you create a post from dashboard, It does not know the group an that’s why the entry goes to global feed and not the the groups feed.

If you publish from a group’s screen, It knows the group and the activity is recorded for the group.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    r08 on #36829

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I think the only way to publish from the group’s screen is using your other plugin, right? -> BuddyPress Simple Front End Post

If I wanted to post from the dashboard and have the post linked to the group (show up in group activity) is that something you can do if I hired your custom development service?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36869

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

The problem with posting from Dashboard is how do we find which group to associate? A Category might be associated with multiple group, where should we publish in that case?

If you go for custom solution, I will suggest keeping 1 category per group to make it easier. If you can work with this limitation, yes, we can develop it if you used our cusotm service.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved