BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BP Activity Shorcode feature not working

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Doss Shin on #42172

Hi. Firstly thank you for making an awesome plugin.

I found out that the “forum_id” is not working. I am using Buddyboss and here is the current shortcode I’m using:
    [activity-stream per_page=1 max=5 display_comments=0 title=0 forum_id=55117 role=”official_installers, group_leader” pagination=0 action=”bbp_topic_create” load_more=1] 

I am trying to load only topic posts (bbp_topic_create), which works fine, but only from the Forum ID: 55117. I tried writing the short code with quotes (forum_id=”55117″), I tried adding both forum_id and post_id as 55117, I tried only using post_id, however, it’s not working.

Currently, it just loads all the forum topics regardless of setting the forum ID for filtering.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #42173

Hello Doss,

Thank you for using the plugin. Shortcode attribute ‘forum_id’ is not supported by this plugin instead use ‘primary_id’ as per the list of supported attributes. You can check the list of supported attributes here:

https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-activity-shortcode/

Please let me know if it resolves the issue or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Doss Shin on #42175

Thank you for your prompt response. The primary_id=55117 is not pulling the forum id.

I ended up just using:

1. [activity-stream primary_id=55117] —-> doesn’t work
    2. [activity-stream primary_id=55117 action=”bbp_topic_create”] ———> doesn’t work
    3. [activity-stream action=”bbp_topic_create”] —-> works, but doesn’t filter only forum “55117”

The result is: Sorry, there was no activity found. Please try a different filter.

I made sure the forum id is correct, and the forum currently contains about 20 topics, and it’s not pulling it properly.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #42180

Hello Doss,

Thank you for the acknowledgment. Please let me know your forum with id ‘55117’ is a group forum means associated with any group or a normal bbPress forum so that I can check on my local development server.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Doss Shin on #42200

Hello Ravi,

It is not a group forum. It is just a regular forum but we are using buddyboss.

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #42202

Hello Doss,

Try the following shortcode:

// Replace 33 with your forum id.

[activity-stream secondary_id=33 action=bbp_topic_create]

Please check and let me know if it works or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Doss Shin on #42203

Hi Ravi,

Thank you SO MUCH for your prompt responses and exert help. I am very grateful.

Your solution is working and it saved a very big worry of mine. I couldn’t sleep trying to get this working.

Again, thank you so much.

Also, is it possible to request for separate paid customization inquiries somewhere on this site?

For example, we are trying to make Personal Activity Feeds only show posts from forum_id=55117.

So the Site wide activity shows all the feed of all activity and forum posts, but on personal activities, it will only show posts that they’ve posted inside forum_id=55117.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #42230

Hello Doss,

Thank your acknowledgment. I am glad that I could help. You can get in touch with us with our Services page for customization inquiries.

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved