BuddyDev

Search

BP-Album Importer

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    TO on #1451

I use the plugin bp-album https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-album/ at one point known as bp-media?? . The naming is confusing based off of past competing plugins with almost the same name. It is no longer under development and I want to use mediapress. Is there an importer so I can migrate my current buddypress users images? I am currently developing a brand new site on the latest WP, BP, bbPress. I can test whatever importer you have. Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1456

Hi TO,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.

I am sorry but we don’t have any importer ready at the moment and the plan is to work on importers from second week of December.

If you are starting a fresh site, please do give MediaPress a try, for migration, I am sorry but will have to wait till late December.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Wells on #2188

Happy New Year!

Did you get a chance to work on the importers?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2192

Hi Richard,
    Happy New Year.
    I haven’t worked on BP Album importer yet. I have just finished our first importer today for BP Gallery. After 1-2 days testing, I plan to make it available and then I will be looking at the data models for BP Album to see how to import it.

Sorry about that.

• Participant
    larsik78 on #2279

hi Brajesh,

is there anything new about the importer for the BP Gallery?

Thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2280

It was ready but is broken again. I used the strategy to Migrate by gallery( one gallery and all media from that gallery at one pass for each gallery). That proved to be a bad strategy in test and started failing when there were 10+ media in gallery.

I have broken it and doing it again with one pass for each Media item and then migrate the gallery whenever required.

At the moment, I am copying media from the gallery folder to mediapress too. I am not 100% sure if that is a good strategy at all. It will mean making two copies of the same things. MediaPress can handle media from other folders but that aspect needs testing.

I may not have much time today to devote on finishing it today again, but ill do so on Sunday.

In the meantime if you or anyone have suggestion about Media copying, please do let me know.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2285

Hi, Just updateting.
    I spent yesterday working on allowing MediaPress to attach cover images to Audio/Video. It is a little left and I will be finishing any time soon today and push to github them.

After that, I will work on the importer today. Sorry for all these delays.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2288

The MediaPress audio/video cover upload is complete now and available on github. Working on next.

• Participant
    larsik78 on #2359

I’m a little scared to ask but… hows the Importer issue going? 🙂

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by larsik78.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2367

Hi,
    I am sorry but I haven’t reworked on it. Spent last few days preparing MediaPress for WordPress.org submission and the documentation. Have finally submitted it.

I won’t be able to work on it today but will start working on it tomorrow and keep you updated. 2-3 days should be more than enough to have this plugin now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved